View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 07:18 AM
deej240z
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteriosa (View Post)
The numbers are definitely not great, but I rememeber seeing a video in which Carlton basically blamed the bad results on Nielsen and new viewing habits.
Here: Media Mentions: Carlton Cuse, the producer of "Lost" is not happy with Nielsen
Typical show runner bull****. Imo. I've heard it before. They always pull that card when the numbers don't suit them. Nielsen counts the numbers of people who actually watch the show when it's on the air. It's how they get their advertising rates. Whether people watch on line, in their showers, or whatever, that's not what Nielsen is about. I bet most of those 3 million extra viewers are repeat viewers who already watched and want to watch on line too. Or download it after already watching.

Quote:
Lately they've admitted to getting the feedback from online fans, which IMO explains a lot of things, especially if they visit the forum I think they do.
Biggest mistake in the entire f-ing world. On line viewers are a niche group and do not make up a general demographic.

Quote:
I would honestly be surprised to learn that regular viewers care more about Desmond and Penny than Skate or even Jate. It's just unimaginable for me. But at the same time, I'm sure the kiss Darlton are pimping is theirs because that's what online fans would like to see.
I really can't say much about D/P. Only that in my circle of friends no one mentions them. Des, yes, about how hot he is and freaking cool to be a time traveler, but that's about it. D/P have had less than 5 minutes of screentime together. Not much to base a case for popularity. :shurg: One thing I am certain about, I don't care who kisses whom. If it turns out to be skate, so what. We already know she's ready to hop on the matrimonial train in the future without a second thought.

Quote:
It's not just Lost problem IMO. I don't live in the US so I have no idea what's really going on there, but judging by popularity on the internet, it would seem Smallville, Veronica Mars, Jericho, Supernatural, Gossip Girl and a whole lot of other shows are extremely popular and have great ratings. The truth is, very, very little people watch them. Desperate Housewives has very little buzz surrounding it, but good ratings nonetheless.
Here in the US, most of those shows are either cancelled or on the verge of being cancelled (except gossip girl, I think they got picked up for another season). And, they're only talked about by the under 25 crowd. I never hear anything about them outside the net. DH on the other hand, is not as hot as it was but still gets some buzz.

Quote:
The networks might want to go out and get some people who don't spend their time discussing the shows on message boards.
I would certainly hope so.