View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 06:43 AM
misteriosa
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deej240z (View Post)
Lol But she's super sweet.

Quote:
It was his destiny. Locke the clown. Ben the ringmaster. And Sawyer and Kate trying to connect and not quite getting there. It sorta fit.
Yes, it did. Sawyer and Kate are being kept apart by the invisible, evil forces - the writers. They are in the pic, but we can't see them.

Quote:
I suppose they have to go over the top. Their numbers are not so great this year.
The numbers are definitely not great, but I rememeber seeing a video in which Carlton basically blamed the bad results on Nielsen and new viewing habits.
Here: Media Mentions: Carlton Cuse, the producer of "Lost" is not happy with Nielsen

Lately they've admitted to getting the feedback from online fans, which IMO explains a lot of things, especially if they visit the forum I think they do.

I would honestly be surprised to learn that regular viewers care more about Desmond and Penny than Skate or even Jate. It's just unimaginable for me. But at the same time, I'm sure the kiss Darlton are pimping is theirs because that's what online fans would like to see.

It's not just Lost problem IMO. I don't live in the US so I have no idea what's really going on there, but judging by popularity on the internet, it would seem Smallville, Veronica Mars, Jericho, Supernatural, Gossip Girl and a whole lot of other shows are extremely popular and have great ratings. The truth is, very, very little people watch them. Desperate Housewives has very little buzz surrounding it, but good ratings nonetheless.

The networks might want to go out and get info from some people who don't spend their time discussing the shows on message boards.

Last edited by misteriosa; 05-11-2008 at 06:59 AM