View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 04:48 AM
GalaxyDuster
Loyal Fan

I thought that was a really good episode, actually.

I agree that it didn't feel like there was much of a reason for Morris to head back to the counselor. I think it'll be something that blows over, rather than having a long-lasting effect.

I also wanted to roll my eyes at yet another "Super-Abby" episode, but that didn't bother me TOO much. She was just saving the day and rearranging people's moral radar left and right, as usual, which wouldn't irk me except when she was talking to Lois/Lonnie's father and said something that seemed incredibly hypocritical to what she had done, more or less, to her own marriage. Maybe then I rolled my eyes. A little.

The Gates and Sam thing was good for comic relief.

Brenner, on the other hand, has made Gates look like a saint. They're doing a good job at making him very, very slimy. I didn't think Laverne's reaction to him was realistic, though. She seemed way too cool about the whole thing.

I loved all of Neela and Dubenko's storyline. They are both magnificent actors and it's a great situation to put them in. Even though their OR dynamic is nothing like the ones we've seen in the past (between Carter and Benton, Romano and Benton, etc), it is it's own unique, awesome sort of dynamic that is just riveting. I love the teacher/mentor friendship that they have and how the reality of the job can make them snap at each other, it's incredibly realistic (just don't go pursuing a romance please, writers. I beg you).

I believed Neela's tears this week, and her connection to Sheryl seemed more appropriate (that first time it was just bizarre). Sheryl is a great character, too.