View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Andie
Fan Forum Hero

Val, thanks for adding it to the thread guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
I've changed this thread title a bit to make this a more general discussion of anything about the Seventh Doctor Era, rather than just about the Seventh Doctor.
Thanks It's good to have a place to discuss all thing related to 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
Andie, having impressively sat all the way through Time and the Rani (certainly not the best example of the Seventh Doctor era), what did you think of the next story, Paradise Towers?
Overall not a bad episode. I liked it's message: Even if you have been fighting against each other for quiet some time, there are times when you just need to work with your enemy in order to survive. You might even discover that the people supposed to be your enemy can be your friends or that you can at least work with them together without killing each other at first sight.

The story itself was okay, not outstanding in a good or bad way. I got the impression that most of the characters seemed to represent a stereotype

About the Doctor: I liked the way he made his escape from the caretakers. He used that they were blindly following the rules written down in the instructions book - or in the Doctors case - what was supposed to be written in the book - to get out.

Regarding Mel as a companion: Mel seems to be screaming awful lot, isn't she? I am not really sure what to think about Mel yet. I guess we'll see after the next few episodes