View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 08:12 PM
Wildfire Girl
Fan Forum Star

THANKS for the new thread.

Finally gotta see PLAYER tonight.

3x12 Player Under Pressure

at the opening sequence where Brennan and Booth bickered over the school and her anthropology talk only bringing 4 students. Booth mentioned that sex drinking and basketaball were the most important things.
Brennan: What about academics?
Booth: Tell you what. You bring your little diadactic thoracic speech here any other time of the year and you’ll draw maybe 5 51/2 easy.

Then walking in he introduces her to the campus security, “this here is Dr Brennan” and the tone he used was great.

Booth: The last time I was under the bleachers I was getting ready to smoke a cigarette and make out with Vanessa Taylor.
Brennan: I didn’t know you smoked.
Booth: Give me a break Bones, didn’t you ever get naughty with a jock under the bleachers?
Brennan: You were a jock?
Booth: Well you had to be one if you wanted to make out with Vanessa Taylor.
And too cute when Brennan wanted to take the floor with her to the Jeffersonian. Love how she always takes so much of the scene.

Loved the bickering in the car about basketball.

Brennan: Well I don’t understand what’s interesting about it.
Booth: Unlike you, most people enjoy a pastime that takes them out of their head.
Brennan: Takes them out of their head like drugs and alcohol?

Brennan to the girlfriend: Were you two sexually active.
Girlfriend: He was my boyfriend. He was in great shape, so pretty active, yeah.
Brennan: Were there any noticeable changes in your sex life, frequency duration.
Girlfriend: Everyday but game day. That was RJ’s motto.
I just found Brennan talking about sex was freaking hilarious.

Cam and Jack were hilarious with the blender.

Booth: I can give you a few pointers Bones. Kobe doesn’t get out of class for a few minutes. You gotta sorta flip your wrist see?
<Shoots, makes it>
Booth: bang
Brennan: Sports should not have such a priority in a university.
Booth: Alright you know what, that’s crazy.
Brennan: No. Anthropologically speaking, sports are a way for boys to practice their battle skills.
Booth: Yeah, okay so you want to focus straight up, get up on your toes, just … <shoots again, makes it>
Brennan: The truth is, athletes are just basically emotionally arrested in boyhood. Acting out childish games as though they have adult importance. You know, the only thing more juvenile are grown adults who watch sports.
<Booth is shooting the while time>
Booth: Why do you got to say stuff like that?
Brennan: What? You mean the truth?
Booth: Alright, you know what? I’m a jock. So when you say those, you know, things that you say, what are you saying about me?
Brennan: Nothing. You grew out of it.
Booth: No. I didn’t alright. My shoulder crapped out on me. Otherwise I would’ve gone all the way with it.
Brennan: What?
Booth: And another thing alright. I fought. In a war. So if sports is a, uh, childish substitute, I can live with that.
<Booth walks out>
<Brennan picks up the ball, follows Booth’s direction, shoots, makes it, smiles and looks back for him>

And then when she ran after him Booth gave her a hard time about being irritating. Then Kobe’s girlfriend Celeste says she hates Brennan. And Brennan called a started a stringer.

at Booth and the college boys and his “I don’t really care about where he’s been dipping his wick. I care about illegal steroids.” TOO freaking hilarious!

And TOO freaking hilarious about Cam and her footage of Jack and Angela having sex in the storage room. And then Angela watching the video and all! So cute.

Brennan: Jocks. You understand each other. But your priorities are completely skewed.
Booth: Ignore Dr Brennan because she’s unreasonable on the subject.
Then “we uh jocks will take care of this one”

at the scene where Booth and Brennan and the college player Ed in the showers.
Ed: Hey look, you know, I don’t think I can be discussing sexual topics with her looking at me.
Brennan: Why?
Ed: Because you’re hot. And I’m naked.
Booth, laughing: Maybe you should just go stand over there.
Brennan: Why? Because he’s shy?
Ed: Maybe you didn’t notice, but I got no reason to be shy.
Booth: Obviously he can’t concentrate, so cover your eyes or stand over there.
<Brennan tries covering her eyes>
Brennan: I’ll just – I’ll be right here.
Ed: Hey man, she’s smoking.
And then Brennan was eavesdropping. Too freaking hilarious.

And then Brennan commented that the girlfriend was smart! Too cute.
Brennan: Is she crying because she lost/loved him, or because she lost a mansion?
<Booth mouths the mansion>

Brennan: She made the decision to hang onto him by letting him have sex with any woman he wanted.
Zach: That sounds extremely rational.
Brennan: That’s what’s confusing.

To me, this case was sooooooo sad. The dad protecting his daughter.
And at the end, when Booth and Bones went to confront the dad/security and he pulled the gun.
Booth: He’s got a gun, Bones. I need you to leave now.
<Bones just stands there>
<Booth antagonizes him that Cutter doesn’t kill himself>
<Brennan gives Booth a hard time about antagonizing him and he tells her to go, and she leaves>
But I love how in the end she was there, keeping Cutter from killing himself.

End Scene:
Booth: Your hand hurt?
Brennan: A little.
Booth: So jock mentality, teams, not all bad, huh?
Brennan: Why are you telling me this?
Booth: Because you said we’re all stunted at adolescence who take children’s games too seriously.
Brennan: I never meant you.
Booth: Bones.
Brennan: What?
Booth: Bones. I’m one of those guys.
Brennan: No. You aren’t. You don’t play at being a warrior. You are a warrior. Every day. You’re definitely … a fully developed man. <her smile>
Booth: okay okay … you got me … you leave the tip
Brennan: Even Cutler knew you were lying when you said you’d treated women like that behind the bleachers.
Booth: Come on, you believed him?
Brennan: Yes. Because you still remember that first girl’s name.
<they each finish their milkshakes>
Brennan: Let’s go.
<Booth has a milk moustache>

TOO CUTE