View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 06:42 PM
catc20
Absolute Fan

Gah, this episode rocks. I just want to reach in the screen and hold Spencer and never let go.

ETA: Ok, now that it's over I can leave a proper review. I come from a small Texas town and I hate to say that they did a pretty good job of showing how athletics can control a whole town and is the source of pride for many parents. Seriously the parents came to every practice even when their kids had already graduated or weren't even in high school yet. Every friday night the entire down shut down to go to the games.

I was fortunate to cheer for our football team and be in the "in" crowd, but I wasn't blind to all the perks. Every football player always passed every class(alot of the dumb or lazy ones seemed to always make a 70). I skipped classes left and right for "practice" or to make signs for the team, whatever lame reason I and others got away with. I was dating a football player too and we would literally walk out of school in front of teachers and principals in the middle of the day with not even a flinch.

The school even made us serve the players a steak dinner every Friday before the games in our uniforms(with the shortest skirts ever). We had to bake cookies and make sure they were happy.

All our history teachers were coaches and during football season all we did was book exercises as they worked out plays on the board. There was alot of resent towards us by other kids and looking back I can't blame them.

I wasn't cruel to others like some of friends, but I was guilty of looking the other way and I regret that now. But all in all I respected how CM handled this episode and showed how much of outcasts kids in TX and similiar states just because they aren't on the team and how hazing goes on BIG TIME.

I hope this episode speaks to people, though when your a teenager, hardly anything gets through.
"Ah, who the hell knows..."

Last edited by catc20; 04-16-2008 at 07:25 PM
catc20 is offline   Reply With Quote