View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

I found some things that are kind of like staples, so I'm going to attach the suet feeder to my tree and see if I get any woodpeckers at the feeder. I've seen a few in the yard, but they leave quickly. And yeah, the squirrels ignore everything, unless I'm actually in the yard.I got a dome for my bird feeder and I'm going to try to install that over the weekend. If it doesn't rain all weekend, I hope to get some yard work done too because it really needs it. I think the neighborhood used our yard as a trash heap while the house was vacant.

I've been working on a curbside find bookcase this week. The rest of my hardcovers, plus my SF magazines and manga will all fit on it, so I've been trying to get it done. I have to take the whole thing apart, sand it down, repair one shelf where some little pieces broke off, glue it, paint it, and put it back together. So far, most of it is apart except for where one bolt rusted, I've sanded and painted a shelf and a side, and I've cut some small pieces of wood which I'm shaping to fit into the broken areas of the other shelf.

I'm really amazed that all of my trade paperbacks and hardcovers have a home on my shelves. Now I just need to do something with the four big plastic storage boxes full of paperbacks under the bed and find something better than plastic shelves for my romance books. It seems that six bookcases still aren't enough, even with the paperbacks double-stacked in my two largest ones.