View Single Post
Old 10-03-2004, 01:35 AM
broken crown
Moderator Support Team

Great job, Jackie! And yes...please bring on the sex!

Bringing this discussion over from the last thread....

Quote:
Originally posted by kateschechter
Question: Does anyone think this show would actually have worked better if they had just set it in college to start with? They wouldn't have had to explain the absent parents all the time, emancipated Nathan, etc. It might have avoided some of the plot points that really seem to bug people, like where Haley's parents were all last season? Or am I the only one that feels that way.
And actually, I think OTH will work even better as a college show. It just seems there could be so much more to do with them in college. They don't have to keep them "in school" all day or they could show them taking various classes. Plus, everyone could move up on the basketball team...heck Whitey could even coach college basketball.

I could see Brooke or Peyton getting involved with one of their professors as well.

Also, if Nathan and Haley were separated, college would be the perfect place for those two to have a secret reconcilation. Could you imagine the two of them sneaking around? Kind of like Chandler/Monica on Friends. Would be so funny. Luke would all be confused, cause he'd start to notice Nathan and Haley acting different around him.

Imagine:

Luke: <knocks on door> Nathan, open up...I forgot my keys.
Nathan: <opens door> Hold on. <throws them at him> There.
Luke: You seriously going to stay in tonight?
Nathan: Yeah man, I...got alot of studying to do.
Luke: <WTF face> Jeez...I figured when we got to college, you'd be the first in line for the beer bong.
Nathan: Well...things change.
Luke: Yeah and you have Haley to thank for that. Oops...I'm sorry I didn't mean to mention her.
Nathan: It's alright.
Luke: I'm going to go before I push my foot further in my mouth.
Nathan: When has that stopped you before?
Luke: Ha Ha. You're a riot. See ya tommorrow.
Nathan: <shuts door> He's gone. <turns around>
Haley <coming out of the bedroom wearing Nathan's basketball jersey> Thank God. You know I love Luke, but he can go on for hours.
Nathan: <smirks> So can you.
Haley: C'mere <kisses him>
Nathan: Let's go back to the bed, Mrs. Scott. <picks her up and carries her>
Haley: *giggles*