View Single Post
Old 03-28-2008, 01:11 PM
=-Kathy->
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl, interrupted (View Post)
... I agree with Sum1 a little though because I was thinking about it the other day and I was like, "Why is it so easy for Buffy and the crew to get along with Spike, Anya, and Angel who were once serial killers? I mean, are we just supposed to forgive people for mass murder and find it endearing later on?" It was a little unnerving, but that's when I reminded myself that it's just a TV show and these are people who made a change for themselves (except for Spike...until later). So...I don't know.

Anyway...I totally went off on a ramble and forgot what this thread was originally about. Sorry!
Now I'm really going to go off topic.

I've been watching Dexter ( the slightly cleaned up version that comes on CBS ) which is a very dark comedy as well as explores human behavior. I was reluctant to watch the show because I knew the main character was a serial killer and didn't want to like him. But I can't help myself. Although Dexter kills other serial killers and criminals who have escaped justice we see his current behavior as well as his defining moments from his childhood.

Because most of Angel's, Spike's and Anya's crimes occur in the past when they supposedly did not have souls or they did not have free will all is forgiven in the Buffyverse. Although I did not like how cruel Angelous was in Season 2 or how he took pleasure in doing evil and hurting people.

BTW, Drew Greenberg ( a former Buffy writer ) is one of the writers for Dexter and Julie Benz ( Darla ) plays Dexter's next-door neighbor and sort-of girl friend.
=-Kathy-> is offline   Reply With Quote