View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 10:10 AM
MethodicWays
Addicted Fan

I really really enjoyed this episode alot. It had some great moments.

First off Bevin. Was anyone else simultaneously happy and disappointed that she married Tim? I was happy because TIM! but ater that whole thing with Rachel in the Pictures of You episode, I expected Bevin to be like, I'm a neuroscientist or something. But now I totally understand why Skillz was so bitter about her.

Which leads me to Skillz and Jamie and also Skillz 'n' Hales. I how Skillz planned the party with Jamie and recognized that he just wanted one moment with both his parents there. I also liked how he called Haley out because last season he told Haley that he would be there for Haley and her son and he came thru on that promise. Skillz and Haley are my favoite platonic relationship on this show.

I like where the writers are taking Nathan and Haley because I think it's realistic. I don't think Haley is mad or mean, just tired. And I think that's where Nathan is going to struggle; in getting her to fight again (or even want to fight).

Probably the bulk of my favorite moments were from Lucas and Lindsey. I just enjoyed really seeing how much they love and care for each other. From the moment that they decided to meddle in Nathan and Haley's relationship, to the moonbounce, to Lindsey sleeping with her head in his lap and him holding her. I like the calm of their relationship and I think Lucas really needed that. Someone who was willing to be there and just be calm with him (I would after the past 4 seasons of OTH ). I know Lucas' new book is probably All About Peyton 2.0 but I still love Lucas and Lindsey and that's not going to change right now.

I really liked seeing Chase again which was surprising because I didn't like him so well the first time around . I liked his flirtatious, half-smile the whole time. He was amusing and I liked how he helped out Peyton. I actually see more potential with 4-Years Later Chase and Brooke.

I thought Peyton was working her way back to form this episode. And I'm glad that she recognized that Lindsey was big enough to not call her out on the library thing to Lucas and she stepped up equally.

I liked Owen and Brooke and clearly Mark & Co. realized that Owen needed to tone it down a bit and he even apologized to Brooke. I was surprised and pleased with that.

Finally Brooke, I that she FINALLY stood up to Victoria. I that she realized her worth (even for a second). Victoria deserved it. She tries to play the "mother" card when she wants to be in charge but then she's always telling Brooke "It's business, it's business, you can't get emotional". For the first time, I'm glad Brooke took her advice.

Overall, a good episode and a great set up for the next episode. I can't wait to see Karen, I hope Deb and Whitey will be there too. Give me a Keith/Lucas dream sequence and I'll be in heaven. I hate that Dan's going to show up though. Seriously, not the way to endear yourself to the loved ones you hurt.