View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 11:04 PM
Subject
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sum1
And I don't feel they abandonned their alien kin, they did what they could, including their conflict with Kivar.
Kivar went to them. They didn't even try to go to him. I call that either the dumbest thinking for a leader or that they abandoned their people.

Quote:
Plus Roswell was cancelled before the story could really end. If it had gotten another season, things might have ended up differently.
If Season 3 became season 4 and they worked it to a point where things made sense. Sense for them to give up on the war, for Tess/Nasedo to betray them, ect. Then I would have a completely different view of the show overall.

Quote:
The pod squad had every right to have human lives, which is what they were doing, not trying to be "left a alone with a girl".
I agree, they have ever right to lead their own lives. However, when your life and what you do/or say(basicly in position if greta power) will affect others in such a profound way. You have a responsiblity to the people. That can't be ignored.

Do you watch The West Wing? Remember when the Presidents daughter was kidnapped? He envoked the 25th. Removing himself from power because he knew he might not act in the interest for his people. That's a leader.

Quote:
Strikes me as more the people who used them as pawns in a conflict and doomed them to an existence trapped between two worlds. And I think the pod squad fitted in better with humanity and Earth than they'd have fitted in on Antar.
We will never really know. I wish we would it would help to clear some things up if they would have went to Antar.

Quote:
Not the way I see it. She dragged her children back from death to use them as pawns in a war and doomed them to be trapped between two species, two worlds, two lives.
Her children were the leaders of their people. To say that they were not all ready involved is uncanny. All of us are trapped by something. I'm many different races of human. Do I blame my parents for this? No, I move past it. I deal if people have a problem it's their problem.

Quote:
Strikes me you pretty much came in here and told me I couldn't like Roswell because you'd decided it was a load of crap.
I never tried to force you to think anything. I was just stating my opinion. And it is my opinion that Roswell overall was bad.

Quote:
This might not be an appreciation thread, but I bet the Stargate posters wouldn't much appreciate it if I came into their thread and told them how I consider their show an obscene piece of.....
The Stargate threads are for appreciation. This was opened by a poster who said and I quote. "Ah! I hate/love tv series.... " Since this is the Sci-Fi board and we have a Roswell board. I assume that this is a place to not only talk about what you like about the show but also what you disliked about it.

Quote:
As for loving a show and hating how it turned out, well, not evereybody has to feel as you do, so I'd appreciate if you allow me to feel about Roswell as I chose.
I know that everyone doesn't feel like me. It would be a borning place if everyone did. I have never tried to stop you from feeling a certain way. Again, I am only expressing my opinion. You are free to do so as well. I would never try to deny anyone that basic right. I'm sorry if you felt that I was trying to "control" your way of thinking.

Quote:
And frankly I think your view of Roswell is overly narrow, not allowing that the show might have a wider or different spectrum of focus then you thought, not allowing for it to develop within that focus.
The same could be said about you view on the show. Or anyone's view for that matter.

Quote:
I don't think Roswell is about the war and the "destiny". That stuff didn't come up until the end of season 1.
In the first episode it was about finding their alien past. Ever since photos with the sliver hand print was seen by Liz. They found that past and learned their purpose. So the war and "destiny" was a huge driving force and the most source of sf for the show. They didn't have to make it a war but they did. Because wars get attention. They are important.

Quote:
What Roswell is about is the aliens trying to live among humans, being alienated and trying to fix that. Fixing it being to a large extent achieved via their connections with their human friends and significant others.
You can't fix feeling alienated some times when you come from different worlds. You can only try to understand and accept that fact. That you will always be different, special.

Quote:
It's about people who don't fit in trying to find a place for themselves and achieving that through connections with other people. Running off to Antar would have been totally counter to that.
I would agree with that but they introduced a war into the mix. They didn't have to make it a war. It could have been something different. They could have been abandoned or whatever. You can still make connections with people while trying to help save your people in a war. Especially if you are the last hope for your people. Not only yours but all of the Royal Families of your system.
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote