View Single Post
Old 09-26-2004, 05:18 AM
Subject
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sum1
Well, Tess seemed kinda sinister to me from the very beginning and I was feeling there was something not quite right with her throughout season 2, so the storyline of her being evil and a traitor never seem pulled out of nowhere to me. It seemed to fit real well, actually.
Tess seemed sinister because she was meant to early on. She was raised by Nasedo after all. However, Tess if the deal was true had many chances to help it along and help her "allies". She could have let Max and the others get tortured by Nicholas. She could have tried to make Max give Kivar the Granalith. Just to name a few.

Quote:
Certainly I feel that a lot of shows end up with problems of that sort that are much worse.
Worse then abandoning the reason for characters to exsist? Worse then making main characters disappear? Worse then turning the heroes of the show into selfish love sick dogs?

Quote:
Personally, I feel Roswell was one of the very best sf shows ever. And that conclusion comes from a lot of careful consideration and comparision. And I think they did far better on the overall story than most shows do.
Roswell can't be one of the best sci-fi shows ever when it almost threw away all ascpet of sci-fi. The only left that was sci-fi about the show was the fact that these characters were alien. Nothing else. Alf had an alien but that doesn't make it a great sci-fi show.

Quote:
I What to some people is destroying a character is to others developing the character. And from what I've seen, I'd say that sort of disagreement probably comes up in all shows' discussions. Some characters are certainly destroyed on shows, but some just develop and change. I guess we just don't agree which is which.
It seemed to me that the characters that Liz didn't like became "evil". Tess was made evil after they tried to make people like her more. When that wasn't happening they decided, hmm well lets make her evil. Liz hated Nasedo because he was a "killer" Nasedo did what he had to do in a war. He was protecting his people's only hope. However, lets make him evil as well. Even though he died warning Max of their enemies.

Liz didn't like Max and the alien aspect. So, they forgot about the whole destiny and war issue. Which was the entire reason for the Pod Squad to be there. They can't do that. No matter what anyone says. You can not get rid of a person's basic reason for being. Now if it was said that the war was some how over then I would have thought fine.

Season 1 - They were trying to find about themselves and stay hidden.

Season 2 - They were trying to fight a war somewhat. While keeping their humanity.

Season 3 - They decided to find a child, give him up. (Because he was Tess/Max's and not Liz/Max) And abandon their people. All while thinking, hmm I hope I have a family and get a good job.

If I wanted a another basic teen drama, I wouldn't have started watching a show called Roswell

Last edited by Subject; 09-26-2004 at 05:24 AM
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote