View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 10:38 PM
sum1
Fan Forum Star

I've said my faves are Michael and Liz, with also a particular liking for Sean and Jesse, and that I think Rath is cool. Well... here's some other characters I like: Alex. Great guy well acted. Very human. Jim Valenti. Sadler did a marvellous job with him and gave him complexity and depth. Some characters I like with mixed feelings: Maria (well acted, very alive and often fun but also good at being annoying), Max (could be a real a$$, but very well acted and there's a lot I like about him), Kyle (started out as a jerk and sometimes seemed pointless, but matured into a decent guy and was often great fun).

I'm in favor of Michael/Maria and Max/Liz, though not without some misgivings. Also would have liked if Liz had hooked up with Sean more for real. I think he was better for her than Max. Though I suppose it wouldn't have made as much of a story.
Quote:
Originally posted by Subject
sum1 I think that is safe to say on the subject of Roswell we won't agree on character likes.

Classy? To me the overall show was not classy. The end of season 2 and season 3 ruined it for me. Bad writing, just bad.

Also hotpot There is a Roswell Board
I gotta say, I disagree about bad writing or not being classy. Roswell strikes me as one of the classiest around. As for bad writing, well, that's Angel in recent seasons, not Roswell. Not to say Roswell didn't make some mistakes, but it went far less wrong than a lot of shows.

And the end of season 2 was downright marvellous. Best of all was when Michael decides he belongs on Earth and embraces his humanity. His character really came of age there, lovely moment. I soooo wanted Tess killed though, carrying Max's child or no. I'll never forgive Alex's death. She murdered the decentest guy on the show. And I can't stand characters who casually mess with other people's minds.

Last edited by sum1; 09-24-2004 at 11:01 PM
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote