View Single Post
Old 09-22-2004, 12:11 AM
Cotton Candy

That was an AMAZING premiere! It's the best one I've seen since Season 2! I had a smile on my face throughout.

I like how the episode started--it was interesting seeing everything from Rory and Dean's perspective. That whole storyline makes me uncomfortable, but I'm glad that ASP went down that road, because it makes for compelling television. I'm also very disgusted with Rory and Dean and I hope that ASP finds a way to redeem Rory's character at some point. I can't see it happening any time soon though.

I thought Emily and Richard were hilarious in this episode! They're storyline is a dramatic one, but ASP always finds the humor in difficult situations and I love her for that. Emily climbing out the window in her stockings was classic!

Now for the main event: Lorelai and Luke! Could they have been written any better? I think not. Everything that happened between them tonight was just...there's no word for it, but something great. Luke's messages were so adorable! I love that their chemistry is flourishing and that dynamic between them that we all love is still there, which is usually tough to maintain. Once two characters get together, people often lose interest in them, because they just stop being interesting. I don't see that happening AT ALL with Lorelai and Luke. If anything, they're more interesting than ever! Plus, they're going to be apart for a bit, so the tension between them will only build I LOVE these two! They are, hands down, my all-time favorite fictional couple!

This season holds a lot of potential and I'm sure that it won't disappoint.

Next week's episode looks really intriguing--I don't think I can wait another 7 days!