View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 03:52 PM
*Dominique*
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I don't have a problem with that. I said in the previous thread I respect everyone's opinions but I personally think those are based on previous seasons and for old reasons. Sure there actions of the present will be frowned upon too but I still think it's the past causing the most bashing.
It is impossible to separate the past from what happened (or has been happening) last night. They are characters that we have been following for 5 years now and they have become real to us in good and bad ways. I cannot forget what Lucas and Peyton have done in the past and be like "OMG wow they will get back together again the same way" and actually root for them this time around. It is impossible. I think Mark lost a great opportunity to write L/P in another light with this new season. Now he is just recycling old storylines that have made some people turn against them the first time around. I didn't like what they did to Brooke before, I am not going to like it this season with Lindsay. I actually like Lindsay. I just wish she would run fast away from Lucas at this point.