View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 03:48 PM
shiftmyshape
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose parade (View Post)
Thanks for starting the new thread!

It's not about Peyton bashers, honestly. Peyton's behavior has been heinous all season, that's why people are calling her on it. I came into s5 with an open mind (I even like Lucas, my least favorite of past seasons, this year) and Peyton hasn't grown up, she's selfish, rude, immature, and just plain nasty.
I really came into S5 with an open mind, too. Willing to forget the past seasons. I mean, if the characters are four years in the future and their behavior and actions are behind them why shouldn't I put it behind me as a fan (term used loosely)? And I do like Lucas this season too. But the problem is that some characters (namely Peyton) refuse to let the past go and act their age. Up to the same antics, disrespecting her friend's friends (she just wanted to "interrupt" H/L), to disrespecting Lucas' serious love life. She's walking around with a major bitch face on, pouting and whining about her "too large and too free office", consequences of her decisions to put her mail job over the supposed love of her life, and being plainly miserable. It's kind of tiring, tbh.

As a Brooke fan, it is so refreshing that the character is painting a new canvas and turning over a new leaf. She feels so real and relatable, and she's growing up! It's what I wanted to see from the main 5. Including Peyt.
shiftmyshape is offline   Reply With Quote