View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Fearlessღ
Fan Forum Hero

THanks for opening Steffi. This totally slipped my mind. My contribution:

Quote:
It's the Start of Something New - the massive Disney hit High School Musical is being turned into a London show.
The musical will be put on in London for 10 weeks from June, with the actors have yet to be cast.

It will be based on the story of Troy and Gabriella from the first film, which bopped to the top when it came out in 2006.

The West End show will differ from the 31-date UK tour, which has its official opening in Bromley, Kent, on Monday.

It will be the latest Disney show in London following Mary Poppins and The Lion King.

Around 200 million people have seen the original film since it was first broadcast.

The movie won two Emmy Awards and the soundtrack became the world's Number One album.

Unlike the first two High School Musicals that were broadcast on TV, High School Musical 3 opens in cinemas later this year.
source

Quote:
High School Musical Set for West End Run
by Broadway.com Staff

Disney's High School Musical is coming to the London stage. Already a hit TV movie, a quadruple-platinum soundtrack, a bestselling book and a chart-topping DVD, the live version will open at the Hammersmith Apollo Theatre on June 30 after a 31-date U.K. tour. Jeff Calhoun, who staged the U.S. national tour of High School Musical that began life at Atlanta's Theatre of the Stars a year ago, will direct the West End production.
High School Musical is a contemporary musical comedy about Troy, a popular high school basketball star, and Gabriella, a shy, academically gifted newcomer, who discover they share a secret passion for singing. When they sign up to audition together for the lead roles in the school musical it threatens East High's rigid social order and sends their peers into uproar. In an attempt to maintain the status quo, the jocks and brainiacs, and even the drama club regulars, are soon hatching convoluted plans to separate the pair and keep them offstage. Defying expectations and taking a chance on their dreams and each other, the couple inspires the other students to go public with some surprising hidden talents of their own.

The stage adaptation of the Disney Channel original movie features a book by David Simpatico (adapted from the original movie script by Peter Barsocchini) and a score including all songs from the original version, including the hit singles "Breaking Free" and "We're All In This Together," plus two new numbers. In addition to Calhoun, the creative team will includes the U.S. production's choreographer, Lisa Stevens.
source

beautiful creatures