View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Chris
Senior Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonylionsloverlp (View Post)
OOOH! YES! J/Bness! Can I be added to the list, please?
Of course you can! Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny_Dancer (View Post)
That's how I first convinced my sister that Jacob and Bella were a better match than Bella and Edward, they weren't afraid to be who they were with each other, to cry and laugh and fight and love. They don't hold anything back. It's that whole fire and ice thing again I think, I always felt that Bella and Edward were a little cold. They're too afraid of doing what they feel or saying what they feel just in case it might upset the other person and they'll leave. I don't see any element of that with Jacob/Bella, it's just all out there. Take it or leave it. And that's .
Exactly, they're comfortable with each other and are secure in knowing the the other truly cares and will be there for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Cute Is She (View Post)
I mean, we all know Bella is attracted to Edward because he is hot and he cares for her. He is also her first real boyfriend, her first real anything stable in her life. That is probably why she clings to him constantly throughout the books. In her past (Bella has stated) she did not have much stability; she was thrown between parents and never had the time or opporunity to open up to kids her age. And then she meets Edward... BUT THEN, she meets (or rather, needs) Jacob. She's known him for practically her whole life but never really given him a second choice. Until* she REALLY needs him! Then he is her personal sun, her friend, basically an imprint without actually happeing. He is there for her when she needs him the most.

Totally agree. To me Bella & Edward are infatuated and fascinated with each other, but that seems to be the basis of their relationship ... that they find each other attractive, and he's fascinated with not being able to read her thoughts, and she's fascinated with his history. Bella and Jacob have developed a deep friendship and genuine understanding of the other person.