View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004, 01:15 PM
Cryostar
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by sum1
I don't really agree, because I can see the quality of stuff like B5, BTVS, Roswell, etc already showing up in the first 10 eps or so. Even though those weren't at their full power then, they nonetheless showed already that they had special quality. Firefly just doesn't have that sort of quality. And it's not something it could have developed later, because a crucial part of the show's problem is with its foundation attitude, its basic approach. If it stayed the same show at all, it couldn't change that. Firefly was overrated and I think it being cancelled early actually encourages that overrating, making it easier to make a myth out of it and giving it sympathy points. All the more so with the big Joss Whedon name attached to it.

For one thing, I think Firefly is a lot more shallow than it wants to be seen as, a lot more surface than genuine human depth. And I think more surface than depth is a problem with a lot of sf tv these days, something that needs to be confronted and changed.
But you like Farscape....

Hey KendraFan...you watch that Starwars throwing there....*cackle*
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.