View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Shades
New Fan

I don't get the complaints about The Body.

It was... just... The reason it's so much sadder (or more significant, or something) than other deaths, like Jesse or Jenny's, is that the death was due to natural causes. It wasn't something Buffy could fight, which made it pretty different from anything else done in the show thus far.

It was never boring, exactly, but Joss said that he wanted to capture the "boredom" of death. It didn't do the whole larger- than- life death thing, and it was a realistic portrayal, and it was just... heartbreaking. Nothing I've seen, on Buffy or off it, has moved me nearly so much as The Body. It was completely flawless, in my opinion.

Anyway, I've disliked a lot of Jane Espenson's stuff (excluding earshot), and quite a bit of seasons 5-7. Especially Doublemeat palace, that ep where Buffy goes invisible, Buffy vs Dracula, and... iunno... I've only seen most season 5-7 episodes once or twice, with the exception of episodes like Once More with Feeling, Normal Again, The Body, Lessons, and Conversations with Dead People.

In earlier seasons, I disliked Bad Eggs, Dead Man's Party, Band Candy, Gingerbread, Bad Girls, Living Conditions, and some of the episodes centered on the Riley/ Initiative arc.
Shades is offline   Reply With Quote