View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Raonaild
Master Fan

Coming a bit late to the party, but I finally saw this ep tonight. I definitely thought it was better than most of last season's eps, and I always like James Marsters (Captain John had a lot of old school Spike in him).

A few things in the ep still had me rolling my eyes though - like when they were chasing the car at the beginning, and Owen had to lean all the way out of the window to shoot when he was supposed to be driving - why was that necessary? There were three other people in the car, surely it made more sense for one of them to lean out a window and shoot, rather than getting the driver to do it. Welcome to Torchwood.

And I know a lot of you folks enjoy the shipper aspects of the show, but for me, it was really too much in this ep. I mean, I don't mind Jack being flirty and all, but he had serious one on one relationship moments with at least three different characters in the space of about 10 minutes. It just felt like they are still trying much too hard to be "adult" again.

That said, I did like the cool but subtle Doctor Who references - beyond Jack mentioning the Doctor, there were also oblique references to his adventures in the DW season finale, Captain John had Jack's concealed gun from Bad Wolf, and that story about the time loop (something that appeared in an old Fourth Doctor serial).
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote