View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 11:05 AM
misteriosa
Master Fan

It's great that you joined us Alexa.
I might drive Fran into depression if it weren't for other pople around here.

The episode title "Eggtown" could have something to do with the children's book "The Easter Egg Escapade" written by John Michael Williams.

Here's a link to an interview with this guy - Interview with Children?s Author John Michael Williams about "The Easter Egg Escapade," animated movie, 09/04

These are some quotes about this book, which was later made into an animated movie.
Quote:
"The Easter Egg Escapade" tells the story of Eggtown, a peaceful village where rabbits and chickens live together in harmony. However, a band of thieving roosters, the Take-Its (led by Terrible Timothy Take-It), live in the murky swamps and forests beyond Eggtown, and they conspire to steal all of Eggtown’s Easter Eggs. In order to retrieve the eggs, an unlikely group of heroes, which includes Big Boring Benedict Bunny, Horrible Harriet Hare, Good Gracious Grasshopper, Tiny Tessie, and Boss Baker Bunny, volunteer to go on the perilous journey. The ending features the redemption of Terrible Timothy Take-It and is sure to please pre-teens.
Quote:
Regarding the movie, Williams says, "I wanted to tell a story for children that would help them to think about important issues while also entertaining them. However, this story is not meant to preach; it is a tale where nothing and no one are as they seem. Untapped potential was the main theme I wanted to communicate, that anyone has the ability to overcome his or her flaws -- to be the best they can be. I also wanted to convey the notion that people can and should be loved despite their imperfections. Look more deeply. That's the message of ‘The Easter Egg Escapade.’"
Maybe they wanted to paralel this story with all the Losties now living in Othersville.