View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004, 08:04 PM
AuntEverest
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Scythe
I think it's intended in that it's a good thing what she does. But it really isn't. They were all like "Yay! look at all the Slayer's we have made!"

I never realized until now how uncomfortable this society is with the idea of many strong females. I guess we're really that much of a paternal society.

The new Slayers were destined to become Slayers anyway. Or die as Potentials. Even as Potentials, they were already slightly stronger and faster than the average human. They were never normal, thanks to the Shadowmen. Amanda's actions in "Potential" proved that.

Your comments seemed to hint to me that you have nothing wrong with the Shadowmen starting the Slayer line and arranging the "one Slayer at a time" system. Does this mean you have no problems with their actions, but you do with Buffy and Willow's? Is it because the Shadowmen are men and have a "natural right" to do what they had done?

I don't support eye for an eye. Willow should have killed Warren quickly and cleanly.

Willow should not have killed him AT ALL. Warren should have been taken care of by the police, since he shot Tara and Buffy.

Last edited by AuntEverest; 09-13-2004 at 08:14 PM