View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 04:43 PM
KellylovesDylan
Master Fan

Brandon's tape wasn't symbolic in the sense that Dylan and Kelly's ending was. He was just wishing everyone the best because he couldn't be there. Kelly says he's cute because she once had something with him. That's all. The writers were kind of showing there wasn't anything weird between them, it was almost as if they were giving them a solid finish, because they did leave on a weird note. So now she's at the point where she's comfortable enough to say "wow he's still cute " or something like that. It was almost a nice gift to the BK fans I suppose. I never really enough thought about that, I don't think the writers were trying to prove anything with it, because no one ever made a big deal like they did with Dylan and Kelly's symbolism.The flowers are symbolism, Dylan's words are symbolism, and Kelly's words back are symbolism, because it was the tool the writers were using. They were being vauge, because part it is it's the beginning of a new relationship. They come right out and say "oh we're going to get married" the characters would look crazy, because at that point they didn't even know if it would work. The writer's wanted to show us that it was going to work. Thats why Kelly caught the flowers, that was the point. If they didnt want to make a point of it they could have had Valerie catch them, because she was talking about how that guy she was with was probably the one.

I mean magazines, you know how they do articles on the show. My sister use to clip them from magazines. People magazine, different magazines would say "oh and the show ended with kelly catching the bouquet symbolising that Dylan and Kelly would be together forever" A lot of magazine, people is the one that sticks out in my mind the most, because my mother always buys it, but a lot of magazines were saying things like that.

I don't know if the majority of the fans don't like their relationship. Dylan and Kelly have a huge fan base. I don't know where you're getting that from, half the people I talk to like Dylan and Kelly. It's really hard to say or prove that the majority of people don't like a couple. I mean unless every 90210 fan goes out and takes the same poll, I don't know how one proves that. And the fact is they would want to give them a solid ending, because it's the end of the show and the characters need a solid ending. It's time to wrap the show up, and it's time to wrap the character's lives comfortabley, and thats what they did. It's like I said before realistically Dylan and kelly, the last time you see them together they have tons of symbolism, they are together, and happy after a two year chase. It's honestly the only ending that makes sense. Dylan left Brenda in London, that didn't work out. Brandon Kelly obviously didn't work out at their wedding. They were to much like brother in sister (weird...yes...but still it's what happened) Dylan came back for Kelly, he was miserable for two years. He's going through a depression. Kelly turns his life around, saves him, they finally get back together, and the last shot of Dylan's sincerly happy again. The writers didn't do all of this on accident.