View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 03:53 PM
goodbreakingbad
Fan Forum Legend

I was so glad she had the chance to experience true love (more than once), with Davie.

Oh wow...there's many reasons to that one. I guess, Valerie was just the first female 'beautifully broken' character I ever really liked. I'm not a huge fan of the female characters in general, for the most part I just can't stand them. However, when it comes to the ones who initially come off as 'bitchy', but once you take the chance to dig deeper, you find there's just so much more to them, those are the rare exceptions, and I just love them. And, I see Valerie as a perfect example of that. Since her, I've found that Brooke Davis (OTH), Rachel Gatina (OTH), Blair Waldorf (GG), Julie Cooper (OC) have similarites to Valerie, hence why I like them as well. Valerie was a girl who'd been taken advantage of at such a young age, and given the fact she always wanted to be part of the gang, she never once used her tragic past as an in with the rest of the group. What she dealt with just made her stronger, and made her fight for the fact she'd never let it happen again, which I admired in her so much. Yet, deep down, she was still just someone who wanted to be loved like anyone else.

Last edited by goodbreakingbad; 12-20-2007 at 06:05 PM