View Single Post
Old 09-03-2004, 02:09 PM
newmom5497
Dedicated Fan

I just watched "A Winter's Tale" last night..Gosh that is such a great episode. Even though I am more of a D/J fan, I just can't help but loving that final scene with P/J. It is the best love-scene I've ever seen on tv between 2 characters. So tender and loving.
I also really liked the Jen/Jack storyline in this episode. I think the "incident" between the 2 of them actually brought them even closer together. And I ADORE the advice that Jack gave Joey about sex...it was so insightful and true(its dialogue like that which made me forget they were suppose to be teenagers).

And I thought Josh and Katie did such a great job in the scene where Pacey is telling Joey that he will always be afraid that Joey wanted her 1st time to be with Dawson. Josh said that with such heartfelt feeling and emotion..my eyes always get watery during that scene. Mainly because, it partially(to me) was sort of true. I think Joey always did envision her first time to be with Dawson, and that she held back with Pacey because of that....she even said that in the following episode in "4 Stories"(that she always envisioned her first-time with Dawson). It always bothered me in that episode where she told Dawson that it never occured to her that her first time would be with anyone else...especially not Pacey. I just always didnt like the way she said that....it sort of took away from the beauty of the love-scene in A Winters Tale a little bit to me. Especially considering that she then lied to Dawson about sleeping with Pacey...and also her attitude in the beginning of a "4 stories", the morning after. I think Pacey had every right to upset that morning with how Joey was acting. I also always thought he should have been MUCH more ticked off at Joey when he found out that she lied to Dawson about sleeping with him. Its sort of like Pacey's fears about Joey regretting sleeping with him were true.
I never doubted that Joey loved Pacey very much, and as I said I LOVED that love-scene in a Winter's Tale, but Joey's actions in 4 stories just always took a little bit of that "magic" away from me.

And I still feel that much of Pacey and Joey's demise at the end of Season 4 was that Pacey still felt that Joey still had feelings for Dawson, and he couldnt let go of that. I happen to think he was right...especially considering the events in Season 5 between Dawson/Joey. I don't doubt that Joey truly loved Pacey, but I think that was a huge problem betweent he 2 of them in Season 4. Now, by the series finale, I don't think it was an issue...and that Joey had finally gotten over Dawson and Pacey and Joey could live happily ever after....but in Season 4 I always felt that was always an issue and was the biggest reason for their break-up, and not so much Pacey's insecurities about his future/himself or that he wasnt good enough for Joey.