View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 05:01 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

Alex, gorgeous thoughts like this one:

Quote:
What i liked the most about EA and Everwood in general is that despite all the universe that was beautiful (writing, music, athmosphere etc), its inner beauty to me was in those simple moments because simple things are beautiful.
Like seeing Ephram and Amy dance in the finale, no talk but just pure beauty. You could sense how it was to hold the person you love in your arms.
Certainly. You said it so nicely. It was those little moments, the moments that were so simple yet so beautiful. I think they show such realness and as a result, you can relate in your own life. Great example using the EA dance scene. EA holding each other, all you felt there was just about everything, viewing what it's like to hold your true love and how precious it feels to do so. It was that moment you gaze at the screen seeing the beauty that is EA, then ponder your own life, remembering how you feel being in the arms of the one you're meant to be with or having that hope that someday you will find that person to feel that with. Absolutely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everwoodian Kopite (View Post)
Michelle, you might be getting a bit more than you asked for here, but bare with me
Oh you bet, but are you kidding me? I loved every minute of reading your words.

Your backstory was lovely. And wow, what a great way to get hooked, watching the Fries scene AND viewing the one and only, EVC.

Love your season 1 thoughts. Such a great point about Ephram being a rare character and EA being the driving force with you (me too ) along with Andy/Harold being so prevalent as well. And that's so funny you mentioned you cheered when Colin died. So did I. I actually really loathed that character, matter of fact. I found nothing about Colin that I could even relate to, I just didn't like him, period. Didn't like Colin/Amy, didn't like the Colin/Bright friendship, and certainly I couldn't understand why Nina said the entire town loved him. Huh? Why? LOL Colin's treatment of Ephram was pathetic as well. Sure some of that was due to his unfortunate medical condition but I think we also saw flashes of the real Colin and he just wasn't someone I liked in the least.

Quote:
Btw, where the heck did Wendell disappear to? I know this character was a bit silly in the first place, but they could at least have given the guy a decent send-off
Another great point. He does just disappear. So true! LOL

Season 2, that's really a good deal that you were okay with EM, I wish I would have been. LOL Sure I had EA blinders on but I just couldn't warm up to them in any, way, shape or form. I wish I would have like you did.

Quote:
Emily VanCamp. Here's when she proved herself to me as an actress. The way she portraits the depressed Amy in this season was extremely impressive. Also, it was great to see her chasing after Ephram for once. I also loved it when she spoke to Bright about him. For that reason the episode with the "Prom-o-vego" is one of my favourites, with one of my favourite quotes:

"You know Ephram what we were talking about earlier. I did love Colin, and, so I couldn't feel that way about you. But it doesn't mean that I wouldn't have..."

Although it might sound smalltime, I also kind of enjoyed Ephram messing with Amy's head in 2.21. After being on the "losing side" so many times with Amy, it felt kind of good seing him get back at her. It did make me a bit nervous, but it all turned out allright.
Agreed completely.

I've stated this so many times but seriously, if this show would have been on a major network, Emily would have gotten an Emmy nod for her portrayal of Amy's depression. She was just that good. Man, she shined. She was so incredible. And I'm so with you how it was nice to see Amy pursuing Ephram. I loved how the tables turned a bit then at the end of the season, they totally came together in such beautiful fashion. Absolutely perfect.

Your season 3 and season 4 thoughts are so well said and I agree with you so much. Ephram/Amy were rare in that they never got boring, and really, Rina had to make up ridiculous reasons to get them to fight such as the Madison band lie that was utterly out in left field and of course Madisongate as well. But the great thing about Ephram/Amy is that no matter what, you knew they would find their way back to each other and they did just that at the end of the series. That's what was so amazing about the Ephram/Amy lovestory, no matter what their title was throughout the entire series, romantic or not, they were always "together" and you just knew without a shred of doubt they were getting their happy ending and what an ending it was.

Quote:
Anyways, I found this place, and it really helped when I found out that Everwood was far from dead.
I'm so glad you found this place.

Quote:
Wow, that's really amazing. I can't belive that there's any other show than Everwood that can do things like this for people. I'm really happy for you
Awe thank you so much.

Quote:
I guess I'll might have to wait many years to find something like that, but as I said earlier, for the first time I really want it, all thanks to Everwood.
Yep, exactly. I'm so glad that you have this desire, this motivation to find this true happiness due to this show. I know you'll get it, at the right time, and when it happens, it will be something else, trust me. It will happen too.

Quote:
Finding my soulmate would be nice, but it would have been even better to find a soulmate with a spare season-ticket at Anfield
So cute.

Last edited by jediwands; 10-31-2007 at 05:11 PM
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote