View Single Post
Old 08-31-2004, 03:21 PM
wolkenfuehlen
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by nki
Monica, on the other hand...failed miserably in this area. But although she was seen as a self-absorbed actress, I think deep inside, she really loved her daughter...I think Jake and Monica were just too stubborn to admit/show how they really felt.
I totally agree on that. Monica loves Jake, even thought she doesn't have much time for her. She notices that Jake has changed, that she's somehow happier because she now has Hamilton, and she's happy for her. I think Monica's problem is that she doesn't want to be Jake's mother, at least not in a conventional way. I guess what she really wants is to be Jake's friend, someone Jake can confide in, someone she can talk to about things that you wouldn't normally tell your mother.

Susan Krudski was sweet and caring. She wanted her whole family to be happy, and she put great effort into making them happy. But I hope that someday she would have realised that this would never be a perfect family, no matter how hard she tried. I never know what to think about Will's dad, though. He hits his kid, he practically says that he hates that Will is going to Rawley, and then he shows up at the Regatta. What does this mean? I always want to think that it's his way of showing Will that he loves him, because I know how it is to not get any signs of affection or love, but then, someday, there's something trivial, but you somehow know it's a way of showing love without anyone really realizing it. And, well, I hope that this was the case.

There's something about Senator Calhoun that I don't like. I really don't know what exactly, I just have this feeling that he's not as nice as he seems. I really don't know how to explain it.

Donna Banks? She left her family. And then she wants to sell the gas station without even telling them. They are her children. She could have at least asked if they had some place to stay if the gas station was sold, if they would be able to live without it. As for Charlie, I liked him. He wanted the best for Bella, and from what he knew from Donna and everything that happened with her, Rawley guys weren't the best for Bella. He wants to protect her and Grace, because it seems like they are the only people he has.

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun
Yeah, I agree about the Steven Fleming thing. Being the Dean must be an incredible stress on his family life. It's a shame that Kate's cheating on him, but it's one of those situations that you can really see both sides of the story. He's busy, she feels neglected.
I completely agree.