View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Everwoodian Kopite
Loyal Fan

Michelle, you might be getting a bit more than you asked for here, but bare with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)

And so true, your experience is so different. If you don't mind, could you explain how you even stumbled across the show and how you ripped through the episodes, what you felt while watching? I'm very interested in hearing about your experience.
Backstory
Everwood has been shown almost consistently on one or another of the TV channels we get at our house, and every time I saw it during one of my zapping frenzies I changed the channel thinking it didn't look very interesting. I even remember the commercials for it when it was new, but I never even considered giving it a chance.

That was until the beginning of September this fall. I stumbled across a scene from Madison's birthday party, and I thought the "boy with older girl" seemed like an interesting storyline and kept watching. And then Emily VanCamp appeared on the screen. The first thing I though was "Wow!". Even though she looked so sad, she was so beautiful, and I could also see that she was a great acting talent. Then came the "We can always get more fries" scene. I immediately felt the chemistry between between those two, and that and the things mentioned above was all it took to get me hooked. I went to my computer and downloaded the first season and started watching it from the beginning.

Season 1
After watching the first couple of episodes I was a comlete addict. I must admit the E/A story was the driving force behind this, but most of the other stories were really interesting as well. The Andy/Harold affair was quickly established with me laughing in the background, and Ephram was a delight to see on the screen. He's not the typical annoying prettyboy you get on TV, and his character was also a rare kind. In a world where TV writers always want to show people the basketball captain and the head cheerleader, Ephram Brown was a pleasant break.

Anyways, there's one more thing I have to mention about this season, or actually it's about the second, but whatever... Colin's death. I actually shouted "YES!" when he died. I know that must sound cruel, but I was cheering so much for E/A that I was willing to walk over dead bodies to make it happen

Btw, where the heck did Wendell disappear to? I know this character was a bit silly in the first place, but they could at least have given the guy a decent send-off

Season 2
Actually, I didn't have a problem with E/M. I must be very liberal compared to the rest of the lot on this forum, but I don't think it was wrong or bad. I got the impression that they really loved eachother, and I don't think Madison would go through all the embarresment just to have a fling. I know she was mean to Ephram at times and that the age difference is the reason for that, but I got the impression she really tried.

Emily VanCamp. Here's when she proved herself to me as an actress. The way she portraits the depressed Amy in this season was extremely impressive. Also, it was great to see her chasing after Ephram for once. I also loved it when she spoke to Bright about him. For that reason the episode with the "Prom-o-vego" is one of my favourites, with one of my favourite quotes:

"You know Ephram what we were talking about earlier. I did love Colin, and, so I couldn't feel that way about you. But it doesn't mean that I wouldn't have..."

Although it might sound smalltime, I also kind of enjoyed Ephram messing with Amy's head in 2.21. After being on the "losing side" so many times with Amy, it felt kind of good seing him get back at her. It did make me a bit nervous, but it all turned out allright.

Season 3
It's rare to see a TV couple staying together without it getting boring(or filled with meaningless drama). Even though the baby-story was hanging over my head it was great to see these two together. There were so many beautiful scenes.

This I've seen mentioned other places on the forum: Hanna took way too much screentime away from E/A. Even though I liked her character I'd rather have seen more of the Greenies. Of course, the same thing has to be said about season 4.

Season 4
To be honest this season was just a wait for the big finalé. Of course I enjoyed the stuff in-between, but waiting for Amy and Ephram's reunion was the big thing.

Since I had watched the show so intesely over the last three weeks I had a bit of an emotional reaction after watching Foreverwood. It's very unlike me, but I cried, and couldn't even manage to get to work that day. I was so happy about Amy and Ephram, and so sad there wasn't anything left to watch. It felt like losing a close friend.

Anyways, I found this place, and it really helped when I found out that Everwood was far from dead.

Quote:
Gosh, I totally hear you. Totally and completely, matter of fact. Ephram/Amy also "set the bar" for me as well. Watching the magic that these two had together and just "feeling" their destiny and fate that was all about being together really does give you hope that you also have someone out there who completes you in the way that Ephram/Amy completed each other. Sure, like you said, Everwood isn't real life but I think it was the TV show that is about as close to it as you can get, you know? There was always a sense of realness to this show. No doubt. Even more than that, there was a profound sense of "hope" that I think everyone was able to relate to and finding "your one" sort of falls in this category, especially whenever watching the precious story of Ephram/Amy and seeing that these fairytale endings sometimes really do come true.

My experience was really different, let me tell you and I won't bore you with the details but for years and years I thought I found the person I was supposed to spend the rest of my life with, I was with this person on and off for 10 years, yet I knew this person never made me feel that type of "magic" you technically should experience with the right person. Then suddenly, in the most amazing way I did meet that very person who fulfilled that "magic" and I knew right away this was the real deal and I found my one. Ironically we met and bonded over this very show, Everwood, if you can believe that.

It sounds weird but totally a fact that Everwood and Ephram/Amy, in particular, played a part in this experience for me. I will forever say this is the case.
Wow, that's really amazing. I can't belive that there's any other show than Everwood that can do things like this for people. I'm really happy for you

I guess I'll might have to wait many years to find something like that, but as I said earlier, for the first time I really want it, all thanks to Everwood.

Quote:

Your dedication to your club is phenomenal, I love it.
Finding my soulmate would be nice, but it would have been even better to find a soulmate with a spare season-ticket at Anfield