View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 09:27 PM
ComeAwayWithMe
Master Fan

Quote:
TV Guide: Did you sign on without seeing a script?
Adelstein: Yup! It's a lot of trust but it's not like she's somebody whose work I didn't know. To make that leap with Shonda is, in my mind, a no-brainer. I knew the thrust of the show. I knew Kate was involved. And, with Shonda on board, this is a small risk.

TV Guide: How did you know Kate?
Adelstein: We knew each other in Chicago. We did some workshop stuff together. We waited tables together for a while. I lived down the street from her when we both lived in Hollywood. I've known her for a long time. It's great. It's really gratifying.

TV Guide: You waited tables together?
Adelstein: It was at a now-defunct place in Wicker Park in Chicago. We worked at a little French restaurant. I was terrible, the worst! I got fired from a waiter job downtown I'd had for three years. Then Katie actually said, "My place is looking for somebody." So I went in and introduced myself to a guy who hired me then fired me a month later.

TV Guide: Was Kate a good waitress?
Adelstein: I was literally so slammed myself that I couldn't possibly tell. She says she was bad but I don't remember her being bad.

TV Guide: Did she recommend you to Shonda to play Cooper?
Adelstein: It was independent. She didn't know, so that was a fun phone call. I left a message saying, "Just call me." I think she found out in between before she called me back. We were on the phone laughing for 10 minutes.

TV Guide: Who would have guessed your friendship would come full circle?
Adelstein: I know!
Hee!