View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Camibra
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
Anything that has aired in the UK for Doctor Who or its spinoffs is no longer a spoiler. We'll have threads like these that won't spoil beyond a certain episode for the sake of the people in a particular country (the US in this case, so what John Crichton posted is a spoiler for this thread though not the rest of the forum).

I've modded another forum where there was a similar situation, and every country aired the series at completely different times and on stations that not everyone in those countries had access too. There we went the opposite direction and called everything a spoiler until all the main countries had seen episodes, and it was a big pain and prevented anyone from discussing episodes until long after they'd lost interest.
So seeing as this thread is specifically for this episode and not later ones of either show I felt it prudent to add the SP tags so that people have the right to choose whether to read it or not. The text in the SP tags are technically not spoilers for the rest of the board but would be considered so here. I felt it was relevant to this conversation so I typed it up and added the SP tags out of respect, I do not wish to spoil anyone who doesn't want to be spoiled, you have the right to not highlight. I wouldn't use the SP tags and say pivotal stuff from any episodes such as things in the finalé, that IS wrong and is obviously someone trying to stir up a hornet's nest...if someone would abuse the SP tags in such a way.

That sounds like hell Rachel! Sciffy board here was starting to get a bit like that a few years ago. But now with most people downloading the episodes it takes away that time difference and a lot of people can watch their shows within days or even hours or their first airing.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote