View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 01:31 PM
BrownEyes1980
Elite Fan

High school has come and gone, college flew by and now as we enter Season 5 Brooke and Lucas are about to reunite. You could describe this soundtrack as a new journey, and new challenge. But the way we see it...
... It’s just the beginning.

Love is always a good thing no matter how much it hurts. Even after it’s over, even through the pain, anyone who has ever really loved will tell you that they never regretted a second of it, no matter how much it hurt in the end. And if you tell me differently, I will tell you that you were not truly in love.

Maybe now they weren’t meant to be, and a little later on they will be. Only because it is impossible to believe that they could have these kind of feelings for one another. And not be in each others lives forever.

If its real, if its true love, then it'll always be there. You can pretend its gone, and you could even move on.
But that love, it's still there. In the depths of your mind, sometimes a single object or song triggers it all.
And your right back where you started.
In the arms of the one you lost.

Hope. It sustains us when nothing else can. It gives us reason to continue and courage to move ahead. Even when we tell ourselves we'd rather give in.

Do you want to know something really subversive? Maybe love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it, you know? It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the thing is, if you don't risk anything... you risk even more.

The act of writing, is for me, often nothing more than the secret or conscious desire to carve words on a piece of paper: to the memory of a town forever vanished, to the memory of a childhood in exile, to the memory of all those I loved and who, before I could tell them I loved them, went away.

When you run into love and it seems like some psychedelic mystery, look at it again, and again, and keep looking it until you realize the only mystery is how you've gotten by so long without it.

It’s when the tiny details about another person make you smile. It’s the little things , the little things that seem insignificant to most people. But to you , it means everything.

Love is a very funny thing. It is an intensely personal yet universal thing. It has a thousand definitions, and not one of them gets it exactly right. It is a feeling. It is an experience. It is inside of us and yet indescribable. We desire it yet fear it.
We carry it with us everywhere we go. It is the central experience of our lives, and yet it remains a mystery.

Maybe they're too afraid to continue what they have, because they know something's there, they feel it just as much as we do. When they touch. When they kiss. Maybe they’re just pulling away now because they know that if they don't pull away soon they might find themselves falling in love and I don't think they are prepared for that.

And no relationship is perfect, ever. There are always some ways you have to bend, to compromise, to give something up in order to gain something greater.

I'd heard love could be this immediate, this trouble-free. I'd read books in which love came to a person so fast, so powerfully. But I never dreamed it could happen to me. Love had always been hard for me. I admit it. I held back. And now, finally, I don't want to anymore.

The love that Brooke and Lucas have for each other is bigger than these small differences. And that’s the key.
Love can make up for a lot.

All these songs, they tell a story. From breaking up, to letting go, to realizations and fighting. And then finally - giving into love. Some might say this is a journey, but I don‘t see it that way. You see it isn’t about picking up where Brooke and Lucas left off and having that love stay intact. Love is living your own life, but willing to share it. Love is forgiveness, its making a million mistakes and turning them into learning experiences. Love is patience, optimism. When you are listening to these songs, take in the meaning of the lyrics. It’s not just words of happiness and heartache. It’s words of living and of loving.
It’s a chance for new beginnings.

Text by: Cas

Art by: Cami

{Download Soundtrack - Sendspace}
{Download Soundtrack - Yousendit}
The file is zipped so you need a program e.g winzip to unzip it.

Archie & Veronica
Brooke & Lucas Dylan & Brenda