View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 10:08 PM
S.A.S.H.A.
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Would she really want to know the answer or just say it to tease you?
She'd say it just to get a rise out of me since I'm not as liberal as her and she likes seeing me get weirded out, but I know she'd really like to know. And I would eventually stop laughing and fidgeting and answer her questions.

Quote:
^ I would not want to know about my daughter's sex life.
My mother is the result of having a mother that never talked to her about anything related to growing up, and she didn't like that she had to learn about such things from others. She figured that a parent, of all people, should be the one to educate their child about such things, and not let their child learn about it in the streets like an orphaned hobo. She hated the reserved nature of her upbringing. It all seemed so hypocritical to her since they were all doing it yet acting like they were so virtuous, and she's not a fan of pretending things don't happen by simply ignoring them. She doesn't think having an open communication about sex with one's child is so horrible. It's just meant to educate and let the child know they have someone to talk to, it's not like it'd be encouraging them to go out and do it like rabbits. But if they do choose to do that, at least they'll be safe. Ever see Dharma & Greg? Dharma's open relationship with her mother is how my mother would have loved to have had with her mother. There is no shame in discussing the most natural things about life and the human body. My brother and I are a bit like Greg at times in that we ocassionally are shocked at the things being discussed. Here's the latest thing my mother said not so long ago.

Quote:
Well I think on some level you should know what she's doing in her life.
No need for details, but a parent should be aware.

Sasha