View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 12:53 AM
Clash181
Part-Time Fan

I already knew I was going to be scared as hell in this movie but after reading this review...I'm actually dreading it.

"Date: 25 January 2004
Summary: A movie that is fantastic because it is difficult to bear.

"Saw" is a fantastic film. Not just for the brilliant cinematography, the thrilling, well written and disturbing plot. Not just for smashing editing and amazing use of sound and music to create the ultimate height of suspense. It is a fantastic film mainly because I hated to watch it and yet could not look away. "Saw" brought on feelings of horror, intense intrigue and at points near physical nausea. At times I was unsure whether I could make it through the rest of the film, as I watched ten to fifteen percent of the audience actually walk out during the showing. However, I was relieved to hear the gasps of dread and groans of horror from other audience members as they blended in with my own. "Saw" is truly the most vile and disturbing film that I can say I have ever personally viewed. The only possible comparison is if "Seven" had actually graphically shown the killings and all the other insinuated gruesome carnage. "Saw" is absolutely a film that I can say I loved to hate."