View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 09:49 PM
Silversun
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Angela12:
<STRONG>for the love of god, avoid stuffed animals. I think it promotes a view of women as emotionally weak that need some kind of cute security blanket to make them feel better. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Why do you think that? If the girlfriend expressed an interest in the kissing bears because she thought they were cute and whatnot, why does that lead to a view that she may be emotionally weak or that he'll be promoting weakness if he gave it to her? Why does a soft toy end up being viewed a 'security blanket' rather than what it actually is, just an ornament or a cute toy to have?

I know that may be the case with some toys and some girls but I can't see the the logical link between giving stuffed toys and promoting weakness in females, it just doesn't follow. At best, one could claim that is the case with some people; but surely it's not the case with all or even most people and, as such, cannot stand by itself as a reason to not give a stuffed toy to a girl. That's not feminism, it's overanalysis.

That's my two cents anyway. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited Silversun ]

fics | vids | stupid little life
Silversun is offline   Reply With Quote