View Single Post
Old 08-01-2004, 07:45 AM
sum1
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by John Crichton
Well i'm with Cryo. hehe B5 sucked big time. A lame copycat of the Star Trek tv shows. Running off its coat-tails much?
B5 blew Star Trek out of the water. It was the greatest tv sf ever. It surpassed Star Trek in more ways than can be counted. It was a work of art. As for being lame, next to B5 even the best Star Trek is lame. And no other tv "space-opera" type show comes anywhere near B5's quality. Farscape, Andromeda, Lexx, Battlestar Galactica, etc -they're nothing next to B5. B5 reinvented tv science fiction like Star Wars reinvented big screen science fiction back in the seventies and eighties. It's a landmark piece of work.

B5's popularity should be greater, but the show requires paying some real attention to fully appreciate it and a lot of people prefer easier fare. I think a lot of people probably didn't fully understand it and that probably didn't help its popularity. I didn't fully appreciate it myself until I looked closer at it. It's a real pity it isn't more widely understood and appreciated, because it's quite simply the best there's ever been.
Quote:
Originally posted by John Crichton
V the miniseries or V the tv show. (Personal preference: I liked both the miniseries and the tv show, although, you can't beat the original for its storyline and such.)
I don't really care for either, so I guess I'll leave this one to somebody else.

Last edited by sum1; 08-01-2004 at 08:48 AM