View Single Post
Old 07-29-2004, 10:29 AM
WalkingOnSunshine
Dedicated Fan

1. Louisville vs Kentucky - The hate that these two teams share is amazing. The basketball rivalry is one of the best in history. You don't see these two teams play (in regular season) except for one matchup around Christmas time. The fact is this rivarlry became ever more personal when the former KY coach jumped ship and then ended up a few years later as the head coach of Louisville. Pitino's jump from Lexington to Louisville - caused such hatred and bitterness between fans. People from KY felt cheated and people in Louisville know love their once arch enemy coach. When these two teams match up it makes for a great basketball game.

Honorable mentions:

To the college teams (especially in the same state) that try and give the illusion of an intense rivalry. And I am not going to mention any names because I don't want to offend anyone. But I think you all know what I mean. There are some teams that have the rivalry and those that try and make it seem that way.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hot Rod
#2 Miami vs. Notre Dame - This was the best rivarly in college football in the late 80`s. In fact it was so hardcore that they stopped playing after 1990. I would love to see them play each other again sometime in the near future, but not right now, because we all know that the Canes would kill Notre Dame. [/B]
Very true, my father went to ND and he won't even speak about the rivalry now.