View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Dazzling
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaime Bee
What about how Buffy lights up when her hands are clasped with Spike in Chosen? Buffy really hasn't lit up like that in years.
I agree Buffy's face was glowing when she clasped hands with Spike in Chosen, it was the look of beauty, and love and pride. I'd take that over Buffy's two second basking with Angel anyday.

I really can't understand when comparing the Bangel interaction to the Spuffy interaction in Chosen, how anyone could think that Bangel got the best deal out of it. I mean even Joss, himself, goes on and on about Spuffy and the mature beauty of their relationship. He talks about Spike and Buffy being more on eachother's level and about how Buffy was proud and loved Spike and even said the flaming handclasp was the romantic symbol for the Spuffy ship.

What did he say about Bangel: He makes fun of it and says they should leave their relationship in the graveyard and that Spike is the man in Buffy's life now. I mean does any of that sound like Bangel got best deal in Chosen? No, for me when looking at Chosen I see a highly positive Spuffy episode and Bangel being knocked down from "Forever: to "Someday years if ever."

I always find it interesting though. The Bangels talk about Buffy smiling and say that she's happiest when with Angel. And yet they don't ever mention the absolute pain that Angel put her through and how many times he and his decisions have made her miserable.

Buffy loves Spike