View Single Post
Old 07-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Hot Rod
Fan Forum Star

#1 Alabama vs. Auburn - People outside of Alabama don`t understand how big it is year round. The whole state pretty stops during the Iron Bowl. If you have bragging rights, then you can strut around like a king and talk all the smack you want. However it`s hell if you`re on the other side like Bama has been the last two years. However i`m very confident that they`ll end the losing streak this year.

#2 Yankees vs. Red Sox - The game last Saturday pretty much shows how heated it is. Even if you`re not a Red Sox fan, you can`t help but pull for those guys to beat those damn Yankees.

#3 Cowboys vs. Redskins - These two teams has more than there share of epic battles over the years, although the rivarly has lost it`s luster with the Cowboys dominating the Deadskins in the last few years. Of course i expect that continue this season. Even with that nerd Joe Gibbs coming back, the Deadskins are still nothing compared to the great Cowboys IMO and will get crushed by the Boys some more. Until they show me something, i won`t recognize as anything serious.

#4 Miami vs. Florida State

#5 Duke vs. North Carolina(basketball)

Great past rivarlies:

#1 Cowboys vs. 49ers - This was the real Super Bowl from 92-94. Every game was must see tv. Of course the Cowboys won most of the time. However i have to say that the Niners did step it up in 94, although they got lucky with those early turnovers in the NFC title game.

#2 Miami vs. Notre Dame - This was the best rivarly in college football in the late 80`s. In fact it was so hardcore that they stopped playing after 1990. I would love to see them play each other again sometime in the near future, but not right now, because we all know that the Canes would kill Notre Dame.

Last edited by Hot Rod; 07-28-2004 at 10:29 AM