View Single Post
Old 07-18-2004, 01:43 PM
scorpio
Passionate Fan

Hey campers.

As an old Stargate fan I feel this urge to comment on the new Atlantis show. Iīm not good with critizising anything but Iīll give it a shot.Worst thing that can happen to me is that youīll stone me to death.

Ok, Stargate:Atlantis gets 7 and a half s out of ten from me.
I have to admit I really liked it. I wasnīt so sure Iīd like it when the whole Stargate spin off idea came into the picture. I wasnīt sure it would actually work since Stargate SG1 is a top series.
I liked the first half of the season premiere better. It was cute and refreshing to see the excitement on the characters faces when they went trough the gate. It was good to have Jack and Daniel there, gave the whole thing a familiar and funny touch. But it was kinda strange to see them staying behind and not going trough the wormhole with the rest of them. I admit Iīm used to Jack/Daniel going to play in the alien's backyards.
I donīt know what to make of this whole City of Atlantis thing. Ok, so theyīve found it. Good. The show can be canceled now. No reason to continue. I thought that was to whole point of going to the new location,to find Atlantis. I thought itīd take a while longer to find it. And now theyīre operating from the Atlantis base.Hmm. Itīs somehow strange. Everything is so...alien. The technology, the location...everything seems more...hip, cooler. I know the series isnīt supposed to look exactly like SG1 but...I lack the vocabulary to explain my point here.Sorry. It just feels strange to me. SG1 seems more down to earth, so to speak. *shrugs* Thatīs all I can say at this point.

On to the characters:

Dr. Weir- she was ok. Actually, she has potential. I thought she would bug the hell out if me but sheīs a decent character.So far...

Major John Sheppard - heīs a major cutie. Seems a bit young to be in the position of raking military officer at Atlantis,though. I know the badass Col. died but still Sheppard cant be the only higher ranking officer there, can he? Oh well. I have this feeling that heīs gonna be a major womanizer. You just canīt have men looking like that roaming around the universe w/o proper protection.

Dr. Rodney McKay- my favourite character so far. Heīs just adorable. I love my Staragte geeks.

Teyla Emmagan-uh,...isnīt there this saying that if you have nothing good to say donīt say anything at all? So ok, I donīt like her. Teal'C I liked instantly. The same goes for about every SG1 character. But Teyla...she really bugs me.