View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 11:05 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

Ooh, that soulmate one is a great one. Is that from Foreverwood?

Just a few more that were the first I thought of when I thought of Everwood season four quotes.

From 420, Goodbye, Love:

Harold: "Good morning. I would thank you all for coming today, but, I don't imagine there's anyone here who didn't come of their own accord. Irv was amongst the rarest of men in both his integrity and his warmth and those of us who knew him can count ourselves amongst the luckiest. Irv was above everything else a storyteller, so I thought it would be appropriate to begin today's eulogies with my favorite story about Irv. It begins six years ago, and ironically just a few short months after the untimely death of another great man, my father...
(flashback of Irv/Harold talking about the marriage and Irv/Edna trying to get married)
..I've been wrong many times in my life, but I've never been more wrong than in my estimation of Irv and Edna Harper's affection for each other. There was nothing temporary about it. The love that they shared was a living example of God's grace on this earth. As for Irv himself, he called Everwood his home for long enough to change us all, but still, far too short a time. And so today we bid him farewell, with heavy hearts and with weary souls. He was a husband, a father, grandfather, a friend to us all. He will be missed. May he rest in peace."
----------------

Eugene: "And you, what's going on with the neighbor broad?
Andy: "She's sold her house. She's a few days away from leaving and I don't know what to do. I've already told her how I feel. I know it would be wrong to try and stop her, but if I don't, I may lose her forever and I'm not sure I can take losing another woman. Not after Julia. I can't possibly think of how I'd---"
Eugene: "--You'll figure it out"
Andy: "Right. God forbid we should have a conversation where you impart some advice."
Eugene: "You gonna start with that crap. You don't need my advice. Not anymore, not now."
Andy: "Why not now?"
Eugene: "Before when you were mister big shot doctor, then maybe I had something on you. But what you've done here, the man you've become, it's damn impressive son. Hell, I should have stopped talking to you in high school, who knows how good you would have turned out."
Andy: "You know, we've taken to saying something around here since Julia died. It's kind of a Brown policy that I instituted."
Eugene: "Yeah, what's that?"
Andy: "I love you, Dad"
[Eugene gulps/cries]
Eugene: "You're a good son, Andy."
[They hold hands]
----------------

Irv: "You miss me don't you?"
Edna: "You don't know the half of it."
Irv: "You're going to be fine, Edna."
Edna: "Fine, maybe. Great? Never."
Irv: "You got over the first one pretty quick."
Edna: "I had forty years with the first one. We didn't get enough time, you and I. We deserved more time."
Irv: "Sweetheart, we had a lifetime."
[Irv disappears]
Edna [breaking down]: "Please don't go. Please, please, don't leave me."
----------------

All three, especially that last one, are guaranteed bawling from me. That last one probably gets me more emotional than ANY other scene in the series and that's saying a lot.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood

Last edited by 'Tos; 04-30-2007 at 11:15 PM