View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 12:36 PM
I_love_sawyer
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I don't know, Jen. I totally didn't catch that vibe from Jack and Claire. Anyways, evil or not Juliet is a fantastic character. I'm so happy that they've added her. Season 3 is enough to make me forget the yawn-fest that was all of Season 2.

Okay so ever since watching last night's episode I've been a little pre-occupied. Since the show revealed the problems island women were having with pregnancy and that the Others can cure cancer, it's lead me to ponder. So, I decided I'm going to pop over to The Hanso Foundation and check out the site, again for like the 50th time. The site still remains the same. It contains a statement from Alvar Hanso, the founder of the Hanso Foundation, which contains some interesting 'easter eggs.'

"The path of secrecy is a slippery slope. While necessity may dictate, at times, that we shade ourselves and our work from the all too often harsh light of inquiry, habitual secret-keeping can mire even the noblest intentions in shadow."

- Okay now. Path of secrecy, when Juliet was indoctrinated into the foundation, she was coerced into drinking a tranquilizer-laced orange juice. However, even before that, Alpret wouldn't let her drive into the complex. He told her that she had to say goodbye to her sister at the gates and that she was driven in by a company van, with tinted widows I may add. Then after she passes out from the tranquilizers she wakes up and she's strapped to a bed. She realizes that she's didn't arrive on a plane after all. They fooled her into thinking that she'd be flying there when instead they drugged her and shoved her inside a submarine.

"I fear the lessons learned have cost many their happiness. Some few have even lost their lives....But, I assure you now, as I did then, that the work of The Hanso Foundation has always been intended to bring rebirth to a dying land and a dying people."

- Mr. Hanso could be alluding to the fact that the pregnant women on the island are dying off. Maybe this was due to some experiment they had done in the early stages of the experiment. I know that episode 3.20 is hippie-centric and a flashback to the Degroots, one of the early participants of the Hanso Foundation. I think it's going to reveal a lot about the particular paragraph above - bring rebirth to a dying land and a dying people.

"Our methods must change. As of this moment, The Hanso Foundation enters a period of restructure and overhaul."

- I think what happened was that the participants were divided into 2 groups. One was loyal to Alvar Hanso and his cause and the other to this Dr. Thomas Werner Mittelwerk that Mr. Hanso keeps referring to. I think Dr. Mittelwerk and his followers staged a coup and usurped the power from Mr. Hanso. Since Ben said that he was born on the island, it would lead me to think that he's first generation island native. That he was one of the last children to be born on the island before the whole pregnancy issue arose.

Want to know something strange? I made a screencap of the Alvar Hanso statement and tried to upload it to my server and it kept timing out and saying "Server Not Found." I tried it 3 times and got the same results. How weird!
^^^^ Thinking about what you just wrote. If Ben truely has been on the island all his life, he's have to've been born their right? Or was he just speaking like 'as far as he can remember' ?