View Single Post
Old 07-12-2004, 08:10 AM
dukesmom
Total Fan

How about blurbs from tvguide.com instead of spoilers?

from The Watercooler:
Quote:
Stargate SG-1
"As admirable as that is, I can't let you do it... I'm sorry. Request denied." — Dr. Elizabeth Weir
Oh, really, Doc. You've gotta know the rules of this genre dictate if you say something like that in the first five minutes, our heroes aren't going to take it for an answer.
And speaking of our heroes, doesn't that eye thing Teal'c wears while flying look like what the dentist uses to X-ray your molars? And it may just be me, but even though Thor's so darned useful, I'm more impressed by the "make mine Marvel," Dr. Don Blake version, with the thees, the thous and the Mjolnir.
and Matt Roush's Q&A:
Quote:
Question:
As a sci-fi/fantasy fan who is still mourning the loss of Angel, I wanted to take a moment to plug Stargate SG-1 and the upcoming Stargate Atlantis as solid options to turn to for a sci-fi fix. After Angel was canceled, I was searching for a new favorite show, and decided to give SG-1 a try. After watching three episodes, it became my new TV obsession. The characters are funny and interesting with great camaraderie, and the action is solid. With the season premieres of both SG-1 and Atlantis coming up, now is the perfect time to give Stargate a try. I haven't seen much mention of it in this column, which is understandable, as the show seems to fly under the radar a bit, but I wanted to get the word out to anyone like me who's looking for something to satisfy the sci-fi/fantasy craving. Thanks for the chance; I really enjoy your column. — Jordyn S.
Matt:
In anticipation of the new season of Stargate and this Friday's launch of the Atlantis spin-off, I also decided to reacquaint myself with the franchise after several seasons' neglect. I wouldn't say it transcends genre in the manner of the Joss Whedon shows or Farscape, but I can see why people enjoy it, though perhaps not to the extent that it has become Sci Fi's equivalent to Law & Order in terms of its ubiquitous airings. (I'm actually kind of jazzed about the idea of getting in on the ground floor, so to speak, of Atlantis.) So consider the word spread.