View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 01:05 PM
BrownEyes1980
Elite Fan

Through readers recommendations we have gathered a selection of written stories that has taken Brooke and Lucas down different paths than the original writers of One Tree Hill has chosen for them. Some run parallel to season 4, and follows some of the season 4 storylines, and some are AU. But what they all have in common is that they are examples of excellent fanfiction.

For those of you who have never gotten acquainted with fanfiction, it is the perfect way to recreate or rewrite the things we love and hate surrounding OTH and our favorite couple. Fan fiction is a term for fiction about characters or settings written by fans of the original work, rather than by the original creators. And more or less, it is a way for fans like our selves to be the writers and to make One Tree Hill into what we want it to be.

And just reading fanfiction can be a way to escape a season that so far has been torture for all of us that ship Brooke/Lucas. Diving into a parallel storyline can be almost as rewarding as watching the actual show, maybe even more so at this point. Because in the world of fanfiction, the wrong roads that Mark chooses for our couple can be untraveled, and the problems he puts up can be solved.

Mark and his crew should take a page out of these writers book when they write the rest of the season. Enjoy…

BL S4/Future One-shot Recommendations
One shots are short fics, sometimes even only consisting one scene. But so much emotion can be expressed in short fics like these ones listed below.

Solstice
Summary: This is a oneshot songfic based on Solstice by Malbec. This song was played during a OTH promo but never actually on an episode. The lyrics are amazing and I just fell in love with the song and had to use for some fic. And it's a BL one, actually it's like an unaired scene from episode 4.12, before Brooke went on her date with Chase and Lucas went to the nightclub watch Nathan and the other guys.

Author: H. James on fanfiction.net

Lost Souls
Summary:“We’re both to blame right?” She asks, lip trembling. “I mean, it wasn’t just me that wanted to go.” Her brown eyes start to cloud with tears and all Lucas can do is watch her. “Right?”

Author: Brookebynature on fanfiction.net

Shoebox
Summary: How could a simple shoebox have him so confused? Because it contained his past mistakes and made him question his relationship with her. And now he was torn...he had a decision to make. So who will he choose?

Author: Mosie1213 on fanfiction.net

Cardboard Boxes
Summary: It's graduation day for the senior class of Tree Hill and Brooke Davis is leaving her friends and her home behind her. But before she can go, she has one more goodbye. BL. With mentions of LP and BC

Author: Dayzsollers on fanfiction.net

Passenger Seat
Summary: They’re on their way to college together (but they’re not together). Peyton is purposely not mentioned, so if you’re wondering what happened to her…well, imagine that Brooke is finally Lucas’ #1 priority for once. His only priority outside of his family—their relationship is at a point where it doesn’t matter anymore.

Author: Ellipses on fanfiction.net

Open Your Eyes
Summary: A Brooke and Lucas oneshot nearly month after Brooke breaks up with Lucas. Can Lucas get Brooke back and get her to open her eyes, once and for all? Lyrics featured and title are from Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol.

Author: marap on fanfiction.net

How To Save A Life
Summary: Takes place after the season three finale. While Brooke is in a downward spiral, falling fast and hard, Lucas must try his hardest to save what he can of Brooke and their relationship.

Author: xblondecutieo23 on fanfiction.net

Finally Chosen
Summary: Continuation scene of eppy 4.08. Lucas reacts to Peyton's confession of love. Where does that lead him?

Author: l-a-c-18 on fanfiction.net

Growing Up and Getting Lost
Summary: Oneshot. We sat in your car on that chilly fall night, talking about how much I've grown up, and how much you've lost yourself.

Author: Atg543 on fanfiction.net

And The World Fell Away
Summary: It's here. He needs to decide. To end it all. He needs to choose will it be LP or BL?

Author: brucasnaleyjeyton on fanfiction.net

Long Time Coming
Summary: So Brooke, was it everything you dreamed of? Brooke thought a moment, trying to carefully put into words exactly how she was feeling. She was 22, right out of college with great friends and a nice apartment. But still something was missing.

BL S4/Future Long Fic Recommendations
In this category we’ve gathered longer stories. Some are completed and some are still somewhere in the process of being written.
In this section, just as in the one above, most of the stories are rewriting the entire season 4.

Girl Behind The Red Door
Summary: The story centers around Brooke and Lucas and is set just after ep. 4x04 (Can't Stop This Thing We Started). The rumors of Brooke being pregnant run rampant. Are they true and if they are, why is she lying to Lucas? Rachel flips between being a real bitch and a real friend to Brooke, but already in the beginning stuff happens that force Rachel to show her true colors...

Author: justlikebrooke on fanfiction.net

If tomorrow Never comes
Summary: Brooke Davis had it all. She was beautiful, with great friends and a loving boyfriend. But what happens when the very person she's running from is the only one that can help her through what she's going through?

Inexperienced
Summary: The story takes place after the season 3 finale. Brooke never wanted to feel this empty and alone again, yet here she is, reliving a past mistake that she thought was ancient history. This time around, the wounds are much deeper, and like it or not, lives will change forever.

Author: findy0urself on fanfiction.net

Where I Belong
Summary: How long does it take a person to realize who they're supposed to spend their life with?

Author: heartsmash on fanfiction.net

A Lonely September
Summary: Can we say Senior Trip? All the kids take their senior trip skiing, and I'm guessing you can imagine the trouble they can find to get into!

Author: Br00keSc0tt on fanfiction.net

The One You Love Will Make You Weep
Summary: This story starts while at the Basketball banquet. Lucas wants Brooke back and she wants him back as well, but so much has passed between them, will they get back to how they were?

Author: jeytonbrucasnaley on fanfiction.net

Gamble Everything For Love
Summary: This story starts after episode 4x07 (All these things I've done) and is centered around Brooke Davis. Love is about taking chances. About not being scared and just putting your heart out there. But if your heart is broken, with the pieces scattered at your feet, then is love really enough.

Author: justlikebrooke on fanfiction.net

Sometimes People Suprize You
Summary: Brucas Set after Leyton get together, Brooke copes with it and she still loves lucas, Lucas still loves her, but he is dating Peyton. Jake loves Peyton, but she loves Lucas.

Author: Brucas2006 on fanfiction.net

When The Sky Comes Crashing Down
Summary: Graduation is in three months, and already people are deciding whether to lock up their hearts and throw away the key, or open their hearts up and let themselves fall hard and fast. This fic will be BL JP and NH by the end most likely. Takes place after eppy 4x07.

Author: brucasnaleyjeyton on fanfiction.net

ThreeHundred AND SixtyFive
Summary: What if Brooke had a glimpse into the future and realized every choice she made really did make a difference? What if she had 365 days to get her life back: what choices will she make? Will they be the right ones?

Author: findy0urself on fanfiction.net

It Starts With Goodbye
Summary: You never forget your first love. Six years ago, Brooke left her perfect life behind and followed her dreams. Now, her past has caught up with her, and she learns that her heart never truly let go of the first boy who stole it all those years before.

Author: Mags0607 on fanfiction.net

What Hurts the Most
Summary: Set after Brooke breaks up with Luke in The Same Deep Water as You. Brooke broke up with Lucas, claiming that she couldn’t do it anymore. And it was true; she was sick of feeling like she was the only one putting anything into the relationship. She had to let him go, for her own sanity. Two weeks later, however, she finds herself empty inside. Knowing – or hoping – that it’s just post-breakup-blues; she finds herself fighting to stay strong while Lucas continues to fight for her, just like he promised.

Author: Cherie Dennis on fanfiction.net

Shattered Illusions
Summary: Future. Everything that has happened on the show has happened in this story, I haven’t changed anything. Brooke has the life she always wanted, or at least thought she'd always wanted. What happens when she realizes just how out of control her life is and hits rock bottom? Who will be there to catch her fall?

Author: brookefan329 on fanfiction.net

Original Sin
Summary: What unsettled Lucas the most was how much he missed her. And with the way things were now there was no chance that feeling would ever go away. BL future fic.

Author: jojogirl on fanfiction.net

Wait for You
Summary: But most of all I've watched you. I've loved you from the moment I found you naked in the backseat of my car and I'm sure I'll continue to love you as you move to New York. I'm proud of you Brooke, of the woman you've become. Goodbye PrettyGirl

BL AU Long Fic Recommendations
These stories are all AU (alternate universe), which basically means that only the basics of the characters are kept in the story, or that the fic takes place in a future that doesn’t stem from the original storyline. But like all the other stories, they center around BL.

Broody and the Bitch
Summary: BROOD: to dwell gloomily on a subject, to be in a state of depression—to think anxiously or gloomily about.
BITCH: a lewd or immoral woman b: a malicious, spiteful, or overbearing woman— something that is extremely difficult, objectionable, or unpleasant

Author: TypoKween on fanfiction.net

Trust Me, Trust Nobody
Summary: Set at Uni.Lucas Scott is the arrogant,cocky,popular kid that know one dares to cross but that all changes when Brooke Davis comes to town to ruin his reputation.

Author: BrucasFan1 on fanfiction.net

Red Light Until Sunset
Summary: Brooke and Lucas work on a strict Friends With Benefits policy, without the friends. In fact, the rest of the world think that they hate each other…what happens when they start to want something more than just physical?

Author: wishinonastar on fanfiction.net

Oranges and Blues
Summary: Set during early season 1. AU. Brooke and Lucas never began dating, although Brooke liked Lucas; he chose to pursue Peyton. Not that Brooke minds, she got over it, preferring to support her best friend’s relationship. Haley and Nathan are still dating. Minor LP. Mostly BL.

Author: Mrs O-Town on fanfiction.net

She Paints Me Blue
Summary: Brooke and Lucas have been the best of friends for years, but what happen's when Brooke has to move in with him, and Lucas falls in love with her?

Author: xblondecutieo23 on fanfiction.net

I Will Buy You A New Life
Summary: Brooke and Lucas Scott’s seemingly perfect marriage hits a bump in the road when Brooke finds herself in over her head with a neglected girl from her preschool class while the secrets Lucas keeps from her threaten to break them apart more. AU

Author: shehasnotime on fanfiction.net

Tennis Court Soundtrack
Summary: Brooke Davis has all but had it with guys. Luckily, she doesn’t have to think about them anymore, because she has a fabulous opportunity to distract her—the chance to leave her lifelong home in California and spend the year in infamous Cancun, Mexico. Of course, she jumps at the chance. However, she unexpectedly finds herself in the whirlwind romance that she had sworn to stay away from. But will her previous determination to be independent keep her from the one guy she can’t stop thinking about?

Author: xoxonetreehill on One Tree Hill Central Fan Fiction Board

Just The Gardener
Summary: It was the perfect set up. Large house, plenty of money and killer good looks. But in the town of Tree Hill, status is everything. She's Queen Bee. And he's just the gardener.

Author: Brookebynature on fanfiction.net

Secrets Kept
Summary: A death causes Karen and her seventeen year old son Lucas to return to Tree Hill. What will Lucas find out about himself? Who will he meet along the way?

Author: l-a-c-18 on fanfiction.net

Under Your Skin
Summary: Nathan and Lucas are brothers who live with Dan and Deb. Brooke, Lucas, Haley and Nathan were all friends when they were small children. Haley and Lucas were best friends first, as were Nathan and Brooke. As they got older however they all got closer and by the time they were about 10 Brooke and Lucas had become very close. Brooke’s father ran a business with Dan, and their parents were friends. When they were 12, the business began to collapse and Brooke’s father sold Dan out, though only because Dan tried to do so first, though most people don’t know this. There was a court case and it got ugly, but in the end the Scotts had to move because they lost everything.Brooke and Lucas parted on very bad terms because they blamed her family.

Author: ali213_2 on LiveJournal

Wake My Body Up
Summary: Slightly AU then completely. Lucas finally tells Brooke his feelings and she reveals her feelings to him too. They fall asleep together, finally being together, but after a dream of Lucas having to leave Brooke he wakes up in a completely different life. He remembers both lives, but is stuck in this new one. A life where Brooke wants nothing to do with him, can he ever find his way back to her?

Author: lilolerayray on fanfiction.net

Hidden Weeds Flower
Summary: Brooke Davis is forced to live with her Godparents – Dan and Karen Scott – and their spoilt son, Lucas. With Lucas resenting Brooke’s presence in his house, will Brooke manage to get through the tough two years that follow?

Author: Mrs O-Town on fanfiction.net

Archie & Veronica
Brooke & Lucas Dylan & Brenda