View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 12:51 AM
goodnightboy
Master Fan

I'll be honest here. I was only interested in this movie because I heard - and it is - Jason Wade (Lifehouse) contributed a song to the film. It's 'Song For Pete' by the way.

I'm not really a fan of the romantic film genre, and I expected it to be fluff. I was proven right, even if my newspaper's film critic gave it quite a good rating. I think that even if it is fluff, they could've made it different. I mean, they had nothing to lose after all, since eveyone expects it to be fluff anyway. Right? But I felt that the characters of Rosalee and Tad were too...nice. And implausible. If Tad was such a bad-boy, do you really think that he'd fall for her that fast, especially since she didn't really make -that- much of a good impression on him? Saying 'Your films will stand the test of time' over and over isn't exactly the way to a guy's heart, after all =/ Even Pete, while more beliveable, wasn't exactly outstanding. I think they could've done better with this film. After all, any character that says "Go" to Rosalee (to run after Pete) wasn't really going to display any out-of-the-box characteristics.