View Single Post
Old 04-01-2007, 02:21 PM
'Tos
Master Fan

I went and cheated, so I didn't think I should have answered.

Quote:
Dean asked what happened to Everwood. He called it a CW show and Tom corrected him that it was a WB show that the CW didn't want. Dean said he didn't understand that as he thought EW was doing well and would continue to do so for the CW. Tom pointed out that it was Dawn Ostroff's decision. (Yes, he actually mentioned the horrible woman.) He said she felt that EW "wasn't skewing young enough." The problem was that it had a multi-generational cast, which Tom thought was its strong suit and Dean agreed. But this "was seen as a negative."
Argh, so bloody frustrating. Almost every single one of the hits on television try to reach more than just one audience, whether it's different ages or not, and the CW can't seem to grasp that by trying to make their shows only reach one audience.

Thanks a lot for that, macci . If you see any reviews of the play when it starts up, I'd be interested in hearing how it and especially Tom is being received. Which I'm sure will be really well.
“[People] talk to me about these characters as if they’re real, and they’re not real, but they’ve become real...I really think, shows like this one, you have an attachment to them. They’re like friends you check in on."
-Greg Berlanti on Everwood