Thread: News Thread #3
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 07:02 AM
llanoestacado
Total Fan

I think the biggest difference with Lorelai is that she's learned how to have relationships. And there's no doubt that she's going to get her whole package now. And that's what the show's about -- the journey to get the whole package. If Rory's storyline is complete, I would argue that Lorelai's is too -- she is now equipped to get what she wants and keep it successfully.

If there is an 8th season, and it's a full one, I'm not sure how they can keep it from getting boring without all kinds of contrivances. Maybe a half season would be okay, I don't know.

I'm confused about Luke, too -- he had a huge storyline this season! And we saw just as much of him, if not more, than we have in past seasons.

I don't know. I think if you hold AB to that kind of standard (especially since she's completed her original contract and has been saying for quite some time she doesn't want to act any more), then you have to hold fans to the same standard. So anyone who left the show because they didn't like the storyline or got bored doesn't get to call him/herself a fan. That seems kind of silly to me.

The part that gets me is that many of those who are most adamant for another season are the ones who have complained most loudly this past season. And I'd put money on the fact that halfway through the season, they'll just be complaining again.

No matter what happens, there are folks who will be unhappy.
Icon by Kiara99