View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 12:06 PM
LadyZ
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Eliza (Liz)
Okay, I've decided to give this movie a second chance. Maybe I didn't get to enjoy it that much because it was late after a long day's work. The first time I saw Harry Potter and the Prisoner ofAzkaban, I didn't think much of it. But, after a second time, I loved it. Maybe the same will happen with Spidey. I re-read my post and I did sound a bit harsh on poor Tobey. I didn't know about his back problems. Are they really chronic? Poor guy!

And, yes, I have to agree with the opening credits and the comic book style of summarizing the first movie. That rocked!

Question: Why were his powers failing on him? When he went to the doctor, he said Peter was healthy. I thought it was because of the lack of sleep and always being tired and stressed, but after the doctor scene...that was not the case.
I do hope you give it another chance, Liz. He's so human in this movie...for a superhero, that is As for the back problems, he wasn't even sure if he could do this installment. Especially with all the physical requirements. I'm so glad he managed.

As for his powers, it was because of the very hesitation I was discussing earlier. He didn't want the responsibility of being Spiderman. Because of this deep-seeded doubt, his abilities started to fail him. He couldn't shoot his webs, he became afraid of heights (when he was on the roof looking down, just before the elevator scene), he could no longer scale buildings, he lost his spidey senses and his vision needed correction again. The doctor affirmed that it was all mental and that he had a choice of whom he wanted to be. He made the choice to be Peter Parker, and only Peter Parker again.

His return to Spiderman took time as well. Thus, his huge fall off the rooftop ("My back!"). Once he basically made the choice at the coffee shop with MJ, his spidey senses were back and he felt the car crashing into the window.
on a Miracle Drug