View Single Post
Old 07-02-2004, 11:02 AM
*Eliza (Liz)
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyZ

About Toby's acting: I think he did a fine job. At times, it looked like he was practically wincing in pain to play the part (the back probs). He seemed to say, "Dude, do I have to be doing this?" Unwillingness, hesitation, doubt,...it was all there. The greatest thing about it- it was exactly the emotion he was trying to show. In truth, Tobey McGuire was probably as reluctant to play the role of Spiderman as much as his character, Peter Parker was. It was brilliant.
Okay, I've decided to give this movie a second chance. Maybe I didn't get to enjoy it that much because it was late after a long day's work. The first time I saw Harry Potter and the Prisoner ofAzkaban, I didn't think much of it. But, after a second time, I loved it. Maybe the same will happen with Spidey. I re-read my post and I did sound a bit harsh on poor Tobey. I didn't know about his back problems. Are they really chronic? Poor guy!

And, yes, I have to agree with the opening credits and the comic book style of summarizing the first movie. That rocked!

Question: Why were his powers failing on him? When he went to the doctor, he said Peter was healthy. I thought it was because of the lack of sleep and always being tired and stressed, but after the doctor scene...that was not the case.

(icon by Me)