View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 07:43 AM
Annie_Hill
New Fan

I saw Bridge to Terabithia last Saturday and I loved it! I was frightened to go see it both from the previews, whcih made it look like a different story, and because I'm Lisa's older sister. I was nervous about how I'd react to the movie. If you remember, the book was dedicated to David Paterson, the author's son, and Lisa Hill. My sister Lisa's life and friendship with David were the basis for Leslie Burke's character. As it turned out, the movie was really well done and a real tribute to David and Lisa.

If you know anyone interested in a one-of-a-kind collectible, I'm selling my signed first edition copy of my Bridge to Terabithia book on Amazon.com.

Amazon.com -zShops: Bridge to Terabithia [Hardcover] by Paterson, Katherine; Diamond, Donna

First Edition/ signed by the author, dedication reads "For Annie Hill - Lisa's sister and our friend - With special love - Katherine Paterson 2/19/79". This dedication is significant because the book is dedicated to David Paterson and Lisa Hill. It's this Lisa that's mentioned in this hand written endorsement. I am Lisa's sister. Lisa's life and friendship with Katherine Paterson's son, David, are the basis for the character of Leslie Burke in the book and subsequent movie. The dust jacket is torn and worn. Text clean and binding tight. This is a one of a kind first edition copy of this now classic novel.
Annie_Hill is offline   Reply With Quote